I'm posting tomorrow's stuff early, as I have some other things I need to do tomorrow morning. So: my review of the Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G lens is now posted at http://www.bythom.com/nikkor-14-24mm-lens-review.htm.
33 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 27 previous comments
- I have the 17-35 and what a sharp lens it is, it's so wide that I find myself getting really close to my subjects. Its hard to take a bad photo with this lens.Aug 12, 2011
- Very interesting - glad to have some new reviews :) I've found myself drawn to prime lens shooting - will you be reviewing/comparing this to the 14mm f/2.8? I would be interested in any comment you have on this lens..Aug 15, 2011
- "But do carry cleaning equipment around with you." — What do you recommend for cleaning? Any special considerations for this lens?Aug 16, 2011
- nailed my thoughts about value. It's like having legendary primes at 14, 16, 18, and 21mm all in one. But yes, this lens is wonderful, and I bring one with me on every shoot, and have for the past 2 1/2 years. I absolutely agree with your "don't baby it" sentiment. I'm not careless with it, but I do what I've got to do... everything from crazy hard rock concerts, to telling a snowboarder to come as close to me as humanly possible without hitting me. I find the more risk you take with the 14-24, the more reward you receive.Aug 16, 2011
- Thanks for the review Thom!Aug 20, 2011
- ah. this is goodAug 21, 2011
Add a comment...