I'm also kicking off my active marathon fundraising campaign, so a big day all around. I'm running the marathon with Fred's Team of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center to raise funds for critical cancer research. Still 4+ months to go and I don't want to post too much and turn people off, but if you're interested in helping out then I'll throw up the links below. Every bit (including motivation!) helps and I think the online minimum donation is $5, but less can certainly be sent in by mail. THANKS! :)
Link to donation page: http://tinyurl.com/6uzjbax
Link to weekly updates (blog): http://mgivengo.com/
Link to weekly updates (Facebook): https://www.facebook.com/charityrun
#fredsteam #nycmarathon #newyorkmarathon #running #run #runner #charityrunning #cancer #pediatriccaner
PLEASE consider donating to my run! I’ve been training for THREE MONTHS and have six weeks to go until the big race and need ALL the help and support I can get. Here are my donation benefit levels and suggested donation amounts, but EVERY bit helps and I REALLY appreciate it.
Here are my DONATION BENEFITS - I hope they will make your contribution more personal.
• $25 - I will highlight a person of your choice in my blog and on my charity running Facebook Page. The whole world can see who you support/remember and who I will be running for!
• $50 - I will write the initials of a person of your choice on my wrist pace band to carry with me along the route to remember who I am running for. That wrist will be raised around 21,510 times over the duration of the marathon, so I’ll be reminded a lot! Plus, I will also highlight the person in my blog and Facebook Page.
• $100 - I will write the name of a person of your choice on the back of my race day shirt and show the world who I am running for. This will be visible to 48,000+ runners, 2 million spectators, and the race will be broadcast live on ESPN. I will also highlight the person in my blog and Facebook Page.
• $150 - I will dedicate a mile of the NYC Marathon to a person of your choice. You choose the mile and I will set up a special website highlighting my mile sponsors and dedicate one day over the next month where I will also publish their story or remembrance (text or video) IF you’d like to submit one and show the world who I’m running for. I will also write their initials next to their sponsored mile on the front of my race day pace band and send you that part of my band, mounted with my mile split chart for you to keep. You’ll have a keepsake that shows how I ran in your sponsored mile AND have a piece of my journey through the five boroughs. I will also write their name on my race shirt and highlight the person in my blog and Facebook Page.
• $250 - I will take a picture at the Fred Lebow statue at the finish line in Central Park with the name of the person of your choosing and provide you with the photo. In addition, I will dedicate a mile of the race to them (see above), write their name on my race day shirt and highlight the person in my blog and Facebook Page.
• $500 - I will take a picture at ANY New York City Landmark (your choice!) with the name of the person of your choosing and provide you with the photo. In addition, you will receive a gift bag with some great New York City Marathon keepsakes. I will also dedicate a mile of the race to your honoree (see above), write their name on my race day shirt and highlight the person in my blog and Facebook Page.
• $1,000 – Wow! Tell ME what you’d like and I’m all ears! I’ll try to accommodate your wish, plus you’ll get everything at the $500 level. The ONLY thing off limits is sponsoring mile 26…I’m going to push as hard as I can towards the finish line and the last mile is dedicated to my Dad. Anything else though…let me know!
If you would rather stay anonymous, that’s great as well. You can choose to contribute however you’d like. One way is to pledge a certain dollar amount per mile that I will be running in the marathon.
Corresponding Donations to Miles
• $1 per Mile = $26
• $2 per Mile = $52
• $5 per Mile = $130
• $10 per Mile = $262
• $20 per Mile = $524
THANK YOU and here is the link to my donation page!
#run #running #runner #marathon #nycmarathon #newyorkcitymarathon #charityrunning #cancerresearch #fredsteam #mskcc #memorialsloan #sloankettering #pediatriccancer
- Cruise Planners / CruisePlan.net Dad, Marketing/Social/Tech Geek, Sports/Music Fan, New to Exercise/Running/DietingOwner/Cruise Specialist, 2002 - present
- North Carolina State UniversityPolitical Science, 1985 - 1989
- North Carolina State UniversityCommunications, 1986 - 1990
- University of PhoenixMBA e-Business, 2000 - 2003
Myths and Facts About Staying Hydrated | Running Times Magazine
Training and racing in hotter weather absolutely demands getting hydration right. For years, we've been told that key elements of doing
YouTube - Schmackdown! Motorola Photon 4G vs HTC EVO 3D
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi