Profile cover photo
Profile photo
WVC Veterans Resource Center
West Valley College Veteran Resource Center supports veteran students in their goal towards education
West Valley College Veteran Resource Center supports veteran students in their goal towards education

WVC Veterans Resource Center's posts

Post has shared content
No Veteran should ever go homeless. 
The Department of Housing and Urban Development – VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program is a joint effort between HUD and VA to move Veterans and their families out of homelessness and into permanent housing. HUD provides housing assistance through its Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) that allows homeless Veterans to rent privately owned housing. VA offers eligible homeless Veterans clinical and supportive services through its health care system across the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. 
As of September 30, 2013, HUD had allocated funding to local public housing authorities to provide more than 58,000 Housing Choice Vouchers to homeless Veterans while VA hired dedicated VA case managers to assist homeless Veterans in securing and maintaining permanent housing through intensive case management. 
 Make the Call.You Fought for Our Home. We'll Fight for Yours. If you need housing assistance, call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID-VET. 
When you call: You will be connected to a trained VA responder.The responder will ask a few questions to assess your needs.If you’re a Veteran, you may be connected with the Homeless Program point of contact at the nearest VA facility.Contact information will be requested so staff may follow up.

NOTICE - The Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration has HUD VASH Program Vouchers available. 

Eligibility guidelines for HUD-VASH:
Individual must be a Veteran
Individual must be VA health care eligible
Individual must be homeless (or homeless before entering a transitional living program)*

Individual must be in need of ongoing case management services
*Note: All Veterans in a VA/Nonprofit Grant and Per Diem (GPD)

Transitional housing program must be referred by the VA GPD liaison. The GPD nonprofit staff knows who their assigned VA liaison is and can collaborate with you to make sure the VA GPD liaison makes a referral on behalf of the Veteran.

Priority populations:
Chronically homeless Veterans (those who have been homeless for a significant amount of time or have had multiple episodes of homelessness)
Vulnerable Veterans
Families with children under 18 years old
Veterans with significant mental health issues
Veterans with significant medical issues
Elderly Veterans
Please click on this link for a VASH Program Referral Form Application

Please read the entire email so you understand who to refer before sending in a referral. If you have a client who meets the criteria - please forward referrals to:
HUD-VASH staff will inform the referring provider of the eligibility decision. Any questions about the referral process or the status of a referral should be sent to the above link.

Post has shared content
Today's Veteran of the Day is Kyle White. Kyle served in the U.S. Army from 2006-2011. He deployed in 2007 with2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team, White to Aranas, Afghanistan as a platoon radio telephone operator.

Kyle became the seventh living recipient of the Medal of Honor in the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan today.

Thank you for your service, Kyle. #Hooah #SkySoldiers #173rdAirBorne

Read more at:

Post has attachment
check out our VRC webpage

Post has attachment
Getting ready for finals and then graduation. This is the stoles our veteran graduates are wearing

Post has attachment

VRC images 2013-2014
16 Photos - View album
Wait while more posts are being loaded