A June poll by CNN found that 54% support same-sex marriage. A more recent poll by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life found that 48% of the general public support it. But only 34% of House and Senate members do.
28 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- Thanks bud. Unfortunately it came from a place of anger. I am so tired of the bad reputation Christians get...especially lately. We are not all full of hate.Aug 4, 2012
- I can understand the anger, Christians do get a bad rap for the loud mouthed but small minded few which seem to hog all the attention.Aug 4, 2012
- It is pretty funny about the history of this country - killing the indians, slavery, and all the wars, yet gay marriage is going to end it all. Too funny.
Please don't let these weak minded people get to you.Aug 4, 2012
- This shows that extremists have taken over the GOPAug 4, 2012
- Just because someone believes that gay people are equal and should have equal rights, doesn't mean they don't believe in God. If the Christian philosophy that says that God loves everyone is true, then one has to assume that God loves gay people also.
As someone who identifies as an agnostic, I really doubt most of what the Bible says about anything. I refuse to have my life dictated by some obscure collection of writings that were compiled over 2000 years ago.
As a firm believer in separation of church and state, as provided by the U.S. Constitution, I think you right wing Bible-thumpers need to just step out of the way, and stop impeding any progress this country is currently making in the attempt to bring us out of the Dark Ages, that you so called Christians are trying to keep us in.
Believe it or not, many people in this country are actually trying to achieve some level of civility and acceptance for those people who may be somehow different.Aug 4, 2012
- true!!Aug 5, 2012