- The Review HartBook Reviewer, 2013 - presentI review books in an entirely honest manner on The Review Hart. I have a focus on indie books with a particular interest in contemporary/urban fantasy and thrillers. I'll consider anything as long as it doesn't contain scenes of rape.
- The Editing HartDevelopmental Editor, 2011 - presentI help my authors fulfill the potential of their stories. I don't push arbitrary rules onto them, I ask questions and make suggestions. My role is to bring out the very best in the author and help them do their story justice. I pride myself on being thorough and efficient. I usually return manuscripts which are under 100k words long within 7 days, complete with all chapter notes and final write-up.
- Literary+Leader & Founder, 2013I covered everything within the business and collective. I did all administration, planning, organising, marketing, sales, administration, management, content writing, copywriting, some fiction and non-fiction writing, and more.
- Literary+Marketing Consultant, 2013I offered consultations to indie authors and related professionals including editors. I wrote marketing plans, analysed current social media efforts, improved the author's social media marketing, aided in writing blurbs and profiles, advised on writing content, planned blog tours, approached media outlets, and taught the author how to understand their audience.
- MyselfFreelance Copywriter, 2012I wrote copy for a number of different businesses ranging from property developers to self-published authors. I also wrote SEO, website content, blog posts, advertising materials and emails.
- Tiaden Dog SuppliesOwner, 2010This was my dog supplies business which I ran through both a website and through a market stall. I sold everything a dog owner could and would need for their dog. This meant that I did everything from deal with wholesalers, stock management, book-keeping, marketing, sales, copywriting, business administration, website design and content, customer service, everything.
- Tiaden Canine Fitness & TrainingOwner., 2006 - 2011I managed in excess of 70 dogs all of which had wide and varying needs. I worked with everything from nervous puppies, dog aggressive dogs, people aggressive dogs and laid back veterans. I did everything for the business, including training my clients to train their dogs, book-keeping, sales, marketing, diary management, training dogs, training new employees and more.
- Burntwood Kennels.Manager, 2007I had 7 members of staff beneath me which I had to delegate tasks to and make sure they were keeping to their schedules. I cared for over 100 dogs, each with their own needs including special dietary and exercise needs. I personally dealt with the dog and people aggressive dogs. It was my job to make sure that both the cattery and kennels ran smoothly and every job was done in an efficient manner to the highest standards.
- Myself.Riding Instructor., 2007 - 2013I taught a variety of people to ride horses, taking them their very first time sitting on a horse through to jumping. My clients ranged from toddlers through to adults and confident through to nervous.
Personally, I'm all for finding your own voice and style ;-)
I might add some bits to my fiction blog. Maybe.
Then, gave his very first positive review! _Unselected_ piqued both my and Michael's curiosity enough so that Michael gave it a positive review, and so did I! http://wp.me/p49yHS-6b
Head over and read our thoughts on these vastly different books.
Shifters were, are, perfectly common place. I have heard the tales and read the history books documenting the times where they were a thing of myth. That time has passed.
You see, I was born into a family of shifters, they usually term it a “litter”. I have no doubt things would have been different had I have been born as they wanted but instead, I was born broken. Yes. I'm unable to shift into any animal form, I'm stuck in this human form. When I was very young no-one really noticed, they just thought I was a late bloomer. Then they began to realise something was wrong. I look back now and my stomach turns at how they pitied me, the way they tried to compensate for my lack of abilities. Over time I grew to despise them, my own family. It wasn't just my family though, it was all shifter kind. How they looked down on those of us who don't shift, but, that's a thing of the past now. I have put them where they belong.
It took a little while to lobby for the laws and I had to pass through a few bribes and a bit of blackmail, but I succeeded. It seemed so fitting that I started it all with my family. They struggled, begged, whined and pleaded but I was just re-paying my debt to them. At first the enclosures were a bit too primitive and the keepers didn't know how to care for them, with them being in human form half the time. We learned, progressed and figured it out though, and we have upgraded and expanded. Our standards of care are now the best of any zoo in the world. We also have the highest profits of any zoo.
Some people think me a cold hearted bastard. I just took a bad situation and made something good from it. That, ladies and gentleman, is what I hope you'll all take from this. Everything can be turned into an opportunity when viewed the right way.
On that note, I bid you goodnight and farewell.
Smashwords — Masquerade Tease — A book by Shen Hart
Written from the point of view of a twisted mind, this tale of love takes place on the most important night of a beautiful young woman's lif
A-Team Murdock rotor check you spin me right round
A-Team Murdock rotor check song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ilKSyrKes
Shocktober Fest Scream Park - Halloween Event at Tulleys Farm, Turners H...
Shocktober Fest Scream Park Halloween Event at Tulleys Farm, West Sussex. Near Crawley, East Grinstead, South London and Brighton.
Fuck Your Ending; Or, Why You Musn’t Ever Matter Except if There's a Lot...
99 Brief Scenes From the End of the World (henceforth 99S) is, and believe me when I say that I don't use this term lightly or regularly, ab
The GATE | Book Review: 'Full Fathom Five' By Peter A. Smalley
With the ever growing Indie writing scene becoming a prominent source of new and exciting writers, one man in particular is starting to make