A Slacker Across Multiple Timelines
Written by Clay N Ferno
"What, did you sleep in your clothes again last night?"
— Dave McFly, 1985
- ClayNFerno.comPromotions, Publicity, 2010 - present
- Dropkick MurphysVIP Guest List - Local Boston Crew, 2011 - present
- Middle East NightclubPublicist, Podcaster, Blogger, 2002 - present
- O'Reilly MediaProduction Assistant
- Houghton MifflinProduction Assistant
- Tuttle PublishingProduction Assistant
- AartpakProduction Assistant
Publicist for The Middle East Nightclub in Cambridge, MA and comic book podcaster, Web2.0 marketer, food blogger, twitter addict, & music lover (mostly indie, punk, and hip hop!).
Clay grew up on the South Shore of Boston, MA and graduated in with a B.F.A. from the Studio for Interrelated Media (SIM) from Mass Art in 1998, with a minor in video. The SIM program is a unique learning experience that accommodates any kind of medium; performance art, visual art, event production, graphic design, and encourages creative collaboration. Clay’s focus on event production and spoken word performance followed him after his education, where he spoke on a national tour with Duncan Wilder and opened for legendary writer Jim Carroll (Basketball Diaries). He has honed his onstage presence over the years fronting his current band, Wild Zero. In July of 2005, The Boston Phoenix put his face on the cover of it’s paper, posing the question “Is this the Most Popular Man in Boston? – 3493 myspace friends can’t be wrong.” This was followed up by a Fox 25 News story featuring Phoenix staff writer Camille Dodero and N.Ferno a year later.Clay wears many hats at his nightclub job at the Middle East in Cambridge, not least of all is employing the latest web technology to club promotion and publicity. He continues to write and review bands, and likes sci-fi, comic books, loud guitars, grilling, and drinks more milkshakes than you.
- Massachusetts College of Art, BFA, Studio for Interrelated Media
- Massachusetts College of Art, Minor: Video