The USGS is a science organization that provides impartial information on the health of our ecosystems and environment, the natural hazards that threaten us, the natural resources we rely on, the impacts of climate and land-use change, and the core science systems that help us provide timely, relevant, and useable information.
This is our main USGS Google+ account (what we typically like to refer to as the "bureau account").
Content and links to third-party sites do not constitute endorsement of those sites or their content by the U.S. Geological Survey and are meant for informational purposes only.
We welcome your comments and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We reserve the ability to delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
- comments which may cause public panic or may falsely cite the deployment of emergency services (e.g., "major earthquake to strike Los Angeles in next 24 hours!").
In short: be nice, be mature, and add to the discussion. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please email us
Content that we can remove from our Page includes status updates, comments, mentions, cross-posts, or any other user-supplied content which is posted to this USGS Page, or any of it's modules or sections.