We're happy to launch our latest edition of Whiteboard+ What's Unique & Noteworthy About Google's Penguin Update with
269 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 96 previous comments
- I've got sites several sites that have improved and some that have declined. My concern is that we're not yet sure if the declines are due to a "penalty" or a "devalued links" (2:14)May 29, 2012
- I hope you guys read about the WPMU.org! It is interesting how they got back their rankings and traffic. I believe, that Google unnatural link messages are alarms to do right with the site or suffer Penguin.Jun 18, 2012
- I took some hits on this update. It has been interesting to follow this. In MOST cases I have seen increased ranking due to the fact that others have been downgraded for great terms were I was on page 2 and today have a solid position on page 1.
One of the worst hit methods that I had been testing is backlinks from the ABC3k plugin. This plugin allowed you to purchase links from a network of blogs and point them anywhere you wished. This is clearly outside the guidelines of what Google wants. The sites we were using this were notified in Google Webmaster tools and we removed all the links and canceled this service and even requested a refund.
I noticed and found it interesting that the owner of the product has been triple time pushing affiliate offers to the list of users that purchased the software. I think they see the writing on the wall for their software. Google can detect these links very easily and they are poison to anyone's site they are pointing to.
On the flip side we have seen a LOT of success from links originating for high quality sites with high quality content and trust.
The scary thing that I have seen is that the Black Hat community is and will most definably be using tools like the ABC3k to build negative link building campaigns that will knock down the competition at the top of the rankings. I am not sure how Google intends to deal with that and it should be addressed.
Jun 26, 2012
This site is performing negative SEO on my site and the host and domain registrar and owner haven't taken it downJul 3, 2012
- Thanks for the fresh ideas about Google Penguin ... we better use Google Disavow Tool from now the remove all bad links ...Apr 15, 2013
- Point well taken however I have had the opportunity to hangout and run test on sites effected and posted in the Google Webmaster Forum and the majority is based around back link profiles that had not been cleaned up and have a high signal of manipulation.. has been telling webmaster what we should stay away from but many people did not head the warning..May 30, 2013
Add a comment...