When people are overly excited they read a little too much into what we write and make some weird assumptions, so here goes a little Q&A about the questions I'm getting privately and on other peoples posts:
1) Why hasn't everyone on Pure Edition got the OTA yet? Because Motorola pushes it in phases, this one was pushed to a small group, if no showstoppers are reported it gets pushed to more people.
2) Could this version still get updated? Yes, it could. If there is a bug that needs to addressed before it's pushed to a broader audience.
3) How can I apply to be a tester of a new update? Please join the Motorola Feedback Network: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775
4) When is my <carrier> Moto X getting the update? Later! (That's all I can say) ... Before 2020 everyone is going to get it, for sure. :-)
5) Why is Moto X getting the update before my Nexus 4/5/7/10? (I don't even know why people ask me that, but here it goes...) Because Motorola Software Engineering team is awesome! --- I know, I'm biased. Who isn't? ;-)
Now, please remember the boundaries... Sending private messages won't get you any privileged info, sending me emails won't get you any more info than you get here, and my personal email is completely out of bounds as well.
It's awesome to interact with you publicly here on Google+, let's keep it that way.