"It'll be fun and relaxing," they said.
Allow me to congratulate you on this list, and expand on it a bit.
#3 that stocked craft bin is now strewn everywhere.
#5. If you work as a writer on a computer, good luck with the logic that a kid does not need to spend 12 hours on a tablet.
#6. Invest in separate freezer that is kept in the scary part of your basement to avoid box of ice-cream treats that cost avg $4, being emptied in one afternoon.
#7- Forget it. Summer reading, organizing, or any "free time" plan.
#8 I swear I am going to start making them buy their own clothes.
#9- Threats and Bribes are my Rule to Parenting, no matter what season.
# 13-14 That Ice Cream Truck comes through at 6-7 every night. Dinner is a nightmare, and there's no phone number on truck to call and gripe.
#16- 33 days, 17 hours.
#17 YUP. I've pointed out he should be glad that I argued not to have a weapon in the home.
#19 "This is so Unfair" constant mantra, as is my retort," yup, get used to it.
# 20 All the lists of "the good sunscreens" and "the Bad sunscreens" The bad sunscreens are the ones most stocked by all the stores. Spend you're whole summer looking in vain for little known brands, or rely on online orders.
#Yay. I mean that sincerely. I get a lot more hugs in the summer at any time during the day. Yes, they may be angling for something, but I just enjoy the hug.
#22 Don't ever lose your sense of humor.
#boredeombuster #papercraft #kidsactivities
- Let Me Start By SayingCreator and Content Provider, 2008 - presentI write about life as a writer, wife, and mom of two kids...oh--and I'm very tired. http://letmestartbysayingblog.com
- BlogU ConferenceFaculty Member, presentFaculty member and speaker at the BlogU blogging and writing conference in 2014. Speaking on the panels for the following sessions: - From Blog to Book - How to Be a Better Writer Learn more here: http://bloguconference.com
- MamalodeWriter, 2013 - presentContent creator for this parenting website. You can see all of my work here here: http://mamalode.com/writer/4/
- NickMomWriter, 2013 - presentContent creator for the Nickelodeon's parenting humor website. You can see all of my work there here: http://www.nickmom.com/contributors/kim-bongiorno/
- Freelance Writer2011 - presentMy work has appeared on NickMom, InThePowderRoom, The Huffington Post, Mamalode, BlogHer, BonbonBreak, Circle of Moms, Today's Mama, Queen Latifa.com, Mommy Shorts, Scary Mommy, Rants from MommyLand, Nickelodeon ParentsConnect, The Mouthy Housewives, and more. I have also made appearances on The Dr. Oz Show, HLN's Raising America with Kyra Phillips, and HuffPostLive to discuss my work.
- Published AuthorPublications include: I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE (2014) "YOU HAVE LIPSTICK ON YOUR TEETH" AND OTHER THINGS YOU'LL ONLY HEAR FROM YOUR FRIENDS IN THE POWDER ROOM, (2013) I JUST WANT TO PEE ALONE (2013) PART OF MY WORLD: SHORT STORIES (2013) FIFTY SHADES OF FUNNY: HOOK-UPS, BREAK-UPS AND CRACK-UPS (2012)
- InThePowderRoomStaff Writer, 2012 - 2014Humor, life, and current hot topics get covered with the freedom to be edgy and honest. See all of my articles here: http://www.inthepowderroom.com/user/kim-bongiorno/posts/
- InThePowderRoomSocial Media Manager, 2012 - 2014Manage the content distribution and fan interaction for www.InThePowderRoom.com via all Social Media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
20 Lunch ideas for kids who don’t like sandwiches - Four Plus an Angel
Life after loss with one teenager, two surviving triplets and a rainbow baby
The Reality of a Capsule Wardrobe for Moms - Scary Mommy
A parenting website for imperfect parents
Gwyneth is a 'common' woman and Eva says never wear sweatpants or your h...
Folks. I can't help myself. When a celebrity opens their mung bean hole and says words that make me want to roll my eyes back to Christmas,
Mommy Time 2/20: 12 Things to Know for Your First Prenatal Visit - Momta...
Plus, how one fam survived a six-hour road trip with two kids and the poop secret we all keep.
5 Shitty Birthday Presents My Kids Never Saw Coming
A parenting website for imperfect parents
kissing the frog: Things we'll never know because our brother is gone
The best thing about the things we'll never know is that we can make them whatever we want.
kissing the frog: Nine Lessons I WANT My Kids to Learn From SpongeBob
In honor of the new SpongeBob movie, "Sponge Out of Water," I dug this post out of the archives. Ironically, it is my fifth most viewed post
Suffering in Silence With Intrusive Thoughts: What I Couldn't Say - Post...
Warrior Mom Arnebya shares about her experience with postpartum depression and intrusive thoughts after all three of her pregnancies.