, take note. Or don't. I'm sure random rantings on a anti-feminist website is far more reliable than Georgetown University.
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- Here is the relevant conversation:
In that discussion, you very strongly took the position that women were not being victimized any more than men were (or at the very least that they should STFU about it), and then you linked to this article:
While it's true that you didn't specifically say that there is no longer a wage gap, given the context I felt it was pretty clear you were implying that the wage gap was not particularly real. If it was not your intention to imply that, then I apologize, but with the caveat that you really need to work on your communication skills.
On the subject of your self-consistency, I would like to quote two more comments you made on Laden's post:
"I have never harassed a woman nor been accused of it."
"It's like a woman I knew who was a prominent breast surgeon at Memorial Sloan Kettering in Manhattan. We were friends, which means no sex, we were buddies. One day she wore a peasant blouse and no bra. She had large well formed breasts. We were out at a Broadway show and then went for drinks. I complimented her. "You have lovely breasts you know". And she says, a woman who operates on breast cancer patients all day, "How dare you refer to my breasts?" What a half-wit."
I think the "half-wit" was accusing you of harassing her there, Dan. Just sayin'.
I can provide screenshots if the veracity of any of this is in doubt. If you want to hide behind, "I didn't technically say that!", well then okay, but that pretty much makes you the ass...Aug 9, 2011
- I've got it one better. At 10:09 July 22nd, you said: "The bullshit about the plight of women? No, I don't see it because it's not there." Twenty-seven minutes later, you linked to the Spearhead post. I feel the implication was pretty straightforward: "I don't see the wage gap because it's not there." Again, if that was not what you meant to imply, then I'm sorry I mischaracterized you, but then you have lousy communication skills for a freakin' author.Aug 9, 2011
- You're totally castrated. Very sad. And you think men run things? You are ruled by women.Aug 9, 2011
- AWESOME. I proved you contradicted yourself, and you reverted to straight-up ad hominem with no supporting arguments. I declare victory. FTW!Aug 9, 2011
- Dan, 'manlier than thou'-type insults lose their bite when they're uttered over your shoulder as you run away with your tail between your legs. Could it be that you've become as stupid as the audience the channel you cofounded panders to?Aug 12, 2011
- Dan Cooper just got fucking whipped.Oct 4, 2015