The rest is history. After six months at that firm and three years running my own business, Bright Newt, I've become quite adept at helping brands find their "voices." I like identifying the values, practices, and cultural quirks that make them special and helping organizations take the kind of risks that pay off.
Whether a client simply needs a name for a new product or a comprehensive internet marketing strategy, I love figuring out the tangles and tactics and creating a step-by-step plan.
When my eyes go blurry from staring at a computer screen or reading young adult fantasy or postapocalyptic dystopian novels, I enjoy bad action movies, fly fishing, running, and unhealthy foods like pizza, hot wings, and bacon. I'm the fortunate husband of a beautiful woman named Megan and the reluctant caretaker of two cats, Hemingway and Aslan. You can probably guess who named the cats.
- University of TennesseeEnglish & Creative Writing, 2006 - 2008
- Lipscomb UniversityEnglish & German, 2001 - 2005
- University of Oxford (Wycliffe Hall)English & Creative Writing, 2004 - 2004
- Austro-American InstitutEnglish & German, 2002 - 2002
- Bright NewtFounder, Senior Copywriter & Chief Goofball, 2009 - present