The internet is screaming with the harm caused.
Zak has the coolest superpowers. grrr.
Zak has the coolest superpowers. grrr.
23 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 24 previous comments
- What a good reason to ask for a list
Well there's a few categories, hard to draw clear lines
Gleeful Troll Jerks:
These are the SA goons/goon pals who self-consciously fabricate stuff and are just kind of either in it for shits and giggles or just evil:
Jay Vee, Paul "Ettin" Matijevic, Jussi Marttila, Andri Erlingsson, Stephen King (different one), Dennis N Santana/Wyatt Salaszar, Ewen Cluney, Gen_Ironicus, Jess Purdy, Tom Hatfield, Der Waffle Mous, Paul Randolph
Disturbingly Earnest Makers Up Of Stuff:
These people lie and have no evidence but seem to not really know they're lying which is creepy. The difference between them and the trolls is they seem to have no fun making shit up:
Tracy Hurley/Sarah Darkmagic, David A Hill Jr (Onyx Path), Bruce Baugh, Filamena Young, Chris Chinn / Bankuei, Anna K/ Wundergeek
People Who Don't Like Me Or Just Do Like These Other People So They Kinda Spread This Shit Without Thinking:
These folks spread the lies, though probably do not claim or think they themselves were the victims of crimes. Some of them might actually be both self-aware and honorable enough to not want to be associated with fabricated bullshit if they find out it's bullshit but I dunno: Topher Gerkey, GeeyLyndsay/Lyndsay Peters, Sarah Perry-Shipp, Elizabeth Sampat, Fred Hicks, Quinn Murphy, Rowan Cota
Said she believes Wundergeek but hasn't done much:
RPGnet retweeted the Tom Hatfield article, so Shannon Appelcline is responsible for that.
These people are just names on a screen but they +1ed Andri saying he didn't need to show anyone evidence of his accusations:
T. Amber Bezpalko
There's more, I guess, but those people seem to be the most obvious and familiar dickheads who are concerned with making up legally actionable lies.
Now while any sane person can see why it's a good idea to make a list of people in the RPG community who are willing to lie for no real reason and let other people see that list, the conspiracy theorists will say that this is so people can stalk or harass them. Well, don't stalk or harass them, that doesn't help me at all--I want them discredited and harassing them only adds credence to their bullshit.. Just don't ever trust or help any of these people ever, and confront them with a demand for proof when they make accusations.Jul 10, 2014
- Google tried recommending Andri as a friend today. I told google to fuck off.Jul 10, 2014
- After all this BS I have a whole bunch of Evil Hat stuff I'll be selling on Amazon. Fred is just someone I'm sick of dealing with In any capacity. Everything he rails against exist In his own products. He was all sorts of pissed about Kingdom Death (think of the children) but sees nothing wrong with his own edgier works that deal with rape induced powers gained in DRYH or the fact that their are nipples in the FATE toolkit art. My copy of Atomic Robo RPG that I pre ordered a month ago had failed to ship and was still sitting In pre-shipment a week after everyone else was getting theirs. I didn't even get a sorry about that, just a poorly packed book that has 2/3rds of its pages damaged.Jul 10, 2014
- Mandy Morbid+23I'm ok every one! They gave me the magic stuff that makes the violent rib dislocating vomiting stop & fluids. Home in bed with a puppy. Thank you for your well wishes!Jul 10, 2014
- Before I sleep:
I place a lot of the blame for this on the "I want to complain but don't want to discuss" culture that has surrounded a lot of the game communities involved for years.
People attack, then when questioned go "I don't have time to engage everyone" and so...they end up with their first impression of everything being their only impression of everything.
That's the sad part: there will always be dishonest Goons, but there didn't have to be such fertile ground for them to spread their tendrils.
Examples: David Hill and Sarah Perry Shipp say "they don't have time to play internet detective" (to prove their bs)
A lot of them will make a sort of Ad Misericordium argument where it's like "Oh, it's so wearying, these demands for proof".
Some, like Chris Chinn, seem to interpet all attempts at dialogue as dishonest harassment( http://bankuei.wordpress.com/2011/10/21/ditg-for-dummies/ )
Fred Hicks "After another incident of someone tagging me in in order to bitch about me having opinions, I've decided to disable most of the ways Google+ sends me notifications. This is going to significantly reduce my participation in conversations here, as well as make it unlikely I'll moderate comments on any post where I've been fool enough to allow them to be made. ;) Apologies for that, but the need for sanity and focus on things that actually matter and need doing is too high."
So there's a lot of that and has been for years (which is why I recognized all these names, they'd been chucking bombs and then hiding for ages)
Not Talking About It as a sort of ethic makes it way easier for some slim, stupid lie on some forum to blossom--the details don't clash, the tires don't get kicked, next thing you know you've just managed to witch-hunt yourself right into a boycott.Jul 10, 2014
- Josie x+2glad to hear it!Jul 10, 2014