Aspects in Savage Worlds
I've got a Deadlands Noir game coming up, and since I can't do it all with Fate, I'd like to do the next best thing and add on some basic aspects. For the most part this just involves interpreting SW rules through a Fate lens. Here's what I've got to start with:
- When you spend a benny in a situation where an aspect would be relevant, on your reroll you can either increase the size of your trait/skill die by one step or gain a +2 bonus/inflict a -2 penalty on an opponent.
- All characters have one concept aspect which isn't explicitly tied to anything else. Apart from that, they can also rephrase their edges and hindrances to be more 'aspecty' (and possibly grant more non-mechanical permissions as a result).
- Scenes get aspects as per FC, and characters can make trait/skill rolls to create and overcome them. No free invokes, but relevant aspects may apply circumstantial modifiers at the GM's discretion (and possibly the scope of the aspect becomes more extreme with additional raises).
- Whenever a character takes a wound, the player has to name it and it becomes another aspect until healed.
- Instead of just awarding extra bennies for roleplaying, offer them as compels on aspects. Instead of charging a point if the compel is refused, the player just has to counterpropose some alternate occurrence that explains why/how they refused it.