I have only a moderate clinical depression , for those with blacker dogs and no support this system must be hell.
Currently needing help to dress upper and lower bodies have the same weighting. Under this new scheme. You get 8 points if you need help with both points if you need help with upper body, but only 3 points if you need assistance with dressing the lower portion. (which I do) .
Also hygiene is taking a hit, basically if you can rub a sponge over your chest you can wash yourself.. I need help with my lower body .
I'll lose twenty pounds or so a week. Which supplements my daughters income as she is my carer. She already looses out on parts of a social life. Works irregular hours to fit things in.
I paid National Insurance for many years up until and industrial injury.
My income dropped for £600 a week to £108 plus £21 carers allowance. My pension fund is buggered. Thats £3.22 an hour equivalent. I do not recieve housing benefit, and py my own bills.
If you crashed your car today, would you accept a second hand fiat 500 from your insurance company as a replacement for your car..
Thats what Iain Duncan Smith and his scumbags want. A return to the workhouse.
Brits please sign up.
- Cranfield UniversitySub Sea Engineering, 1997 - 1998
- University of East LondonWildlife Conservation, 1994 - 1997
- Aylesbury Grammar School1967 - 1972
- The Royal Military College of ScienceHigh Explosives Handling and Use, 2001 - 2001Th safe handling of HE explosives in the Film and Entertainment arena, mainly for special effects in film.
I am a Naturalist in the sense that Naturalism is the "hypothesis that the natural world is a closed system" in the sense that "nothing that is not a part of the natural world affects it." As such, "naturalism implies that there are no supernatural entities," such as gods, angels, demons, ghosts, or other spirits, "or at least none that actually exercises its power to affect the natural world. And without miraculous interventions into nature from a spiritual realm, neither prayer nor magic are more effective than a placebo.
I am also a Freethinker. From wiki: Freethought holds that individuals should not accept ideas proposed as truth without recourse to knowledge and reason.
I am not an atheist, as that allows that a god may exist. or some other forms of supernatural beings may exist. I do not. I lack a soul, or the belief in one.
We are a product of evolution and have no more purpose on this planet than a grain of sand on a beach, . We are a very selfish species who deludes daily itself, if we genuinely loved our children and grandchildren we would stop living the way we do.
My Favourite Quote: The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. George Bernard Shaw
- disabled following industrial injury2006 - presentI lost an argument with a fork lift truck on a site I was working on. smashed up pelvis and lumbar spine....
- Starlight Fireworks/the Firework Co./ plus othersDisplay Manager/Senior Supervisor, 1978 - 2006Owner of display firework company until injury forced sale. Worked with several UK based Firework Display companies, manly weekends at Classical concerts like the battle proms, at Theme Parks like Lego Land and I also wrote and choreographed shows for Starlight Fireworks. After my accident I could no longer do even the most basic displays because of the manual labour required. I still visit a few of the old crews and press the odd button., but its not the same. I also trained as a special effects technician for the Film and TV industry.
A Photo of a Police Officer and His Five White, Deaf Dogs Goes Viral
Four of the five dogs adopted by Mac Adams of Richmond, Virginia, are Pit Bull mixes.
Head of Mormon church Thomas Monson summoned by British magistrate's cou...
Thomas S Monson, president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, ordered to appear before British magistrate's court amid clai
UK News and Opinion - The Huffington Post United Kingdom
The destination for U.K. news, blogs and original content offering coverage of British politics, entertainment, style, world news, technolog