I worked on my Settlers of Catan tiles last night. I posted about it too, but my phone appears to have eaten the post.

I had cut the acrylic hexagon tiles on my table saw. I had to make up a jig to get them close to the right size and square. They aren't perfect, but they are playable.

The printed photos are various photos that are topical found using Google image search. I'd initially created the tiles using HTML and CSS3 transforms, but no browser will print the css3 transformed background images correctly. So, I had to code up a pdf to get the job done instead. So now I have a bit of code that takes a .csv file of the tile type (hexagon), the border color, and an image URL and it will provide a HTML preview and a PDF print file.

I cut the tiles and used polycrylic wood finish as my glue. Kinda a decoupage thing I guess.

It looks like when I got the pdf printed, the 'shrink to fit' option was selected, as my tiles are all too small. But this turned out I guess.

I rather like the finished effect.

Now to make the water tiles and all the rest of the pieces.
View album
Shared publiclyView activity