Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Sonya Stuart
About
Posts

Eastern Colorado was hit by a series of tornadoes on Saturday. The tornadoes caused several minor injuries and damaged motorhomes and buildings. Another spring storm made driving conditions very risky in northern Arizona.

According to the National Weather Service, four tornadoes hit in Yuma County Saturday, about 100 miles east of Denver, near Colorado's borders with Nebraska and Kansas.

A twister struck just north of the town of Wray about 6 p.m. MDT, leaving five injured, NWS Science and Operations officer Jeremy Martin said.

Martin added that the tornado also damaged some buildings and other structures. Storm chasers claimed that the tornado traveled for about 10 miles on the ground. Martin said that Yuma was hit by at least four tornadoes and the officials were trying to find an exact number. Martin said that a survey team will soon visit the area to get a better assessment of the storm and its damage.

Earlier in the day, a tornado hit Morgan County, causing damage to about a dozen motorhomes and caused some minor injuries.

Bernie Meier, a meteorologist in the NWS office in Boulder, Colo., said the twister witnessed near the community of Wiggins, about 65 miles northeast of Denver, was one of at least two in Morgan County.

County Sheriff James Crone told The Denver Post most of the camper vehicles in Colorado were vacant when the tornado hit the region. He added that everyone refused medical care.

Alerts had been issued by the NWS advising people to take shelter from large hail and severe thunderstorms as the storms moved through the Front Range toward the Nebraska border. According to forecaster, the weather had become little good by mid-evening but severe weather was possible further east in Kansas and northern Oklahoma.
Add a comment...

The infamous Romanian hacker "Guccifer" on Wednesday told Fox News that breached former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's personal email server several times in early 2013. "Guccifer" claimed that it was easy to breach the Clinton's server.

"For me, it was easy ... easy for me, for everybody," Marcel Lehel Lazar, who goes by the moniker "Guccifer," told Fox News from a Virginia jail.

Last month Fox News had reported that Guccifer was involved in Clinton email investigation. At that time, the hacker had admitted of accessing the server. He had also provided extensive details about how he did it and what he found.

Responding to Lazar's claims, the Clinton campaign issued a statement Wednesday night saying, "There is absolutely no basis to believe the claims made by this criminal from his prison cell. In addition to the fact he offers no proof to support his claims, his descriptions of Secretary Clinton's server are inaccurate. It is unfathomable that he would have gained access to her emails and not leaked them the way he did to his other victims."

It is to be noted that Clinton's server held nearly 2,200 emails containing information now deemed classified, and another 22 at the "Top Secret" level.

Lazar, 44, claimed that said he first breached the AOL account of Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal in March 2013 and then targeted Clinton's server. He said he accessed Clinton's server "like twice," though he described the contents as "not interest[ing]" to him at the time.

"I was not paying attention. For me, it was not like the Hillary Clinton server, it was like an email server she and others were using with political voting stuff," Guccifer said.
Add a comment...

Texas Senator Ted Cruz on Tuesday abandoned his presidential campaign, removing the biggest hurdle in Donald Trump's path to earn the Republican nomination for November election.

Cruz announced his exit after facing yet another defeat in Indiana's Republican primary. "It appears that path has been foreclosed," Cruz told supporters in Indianapolis. "Together, we left it all on the field of Indiana. We gave it everything we've got, but the voters chose another path, and so with a heavy heart but with boundless optimism for the long-term future of our nation, we are suspending our campaign."

Cruz had already been eliminated from clinching the delegate majority in the state-by-state primary process, but he was hopeful of forcing a contested national convention in July. But it is not going to happen as Cruz has now left he field.

Cruz argued he was the only true conservative bidding for the presidential post. He railed against what he called the "Washington cartel," trying to win the support of an electorate that is craving political outsiders. But he failed to beat Trump's appeal among white, working class voters who seemed to be more attracted towards the billionaire businessman's outlandish approach to politics.

With the race going in Trump's favor, Cruz announced an extraordinary pact in April with his other rival, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, in which the two agreed to divide their time and resources in order to stop Trump's advance. Cruz then named former Hewlett-Packard chief executive Carly Fiorina as his running mate, desperately hoping to win the support of the female voters turned off by Trump's controversial comments.
Add a comment...
Wait while more posts are being loaded