My name is Megan. I’m a full-time college student living in LA, getting my degree in Business Administration and working at night to help pay for school. That in itself isn’t very remarkable, but through my work with the Criminon program I’ve been able to change hundreds of lives for the better. That, to me, is incredible... (Read the full article at http://www.able.org/full-time-college-student-changes-hundreds-of-lives)
ABLE's mission is to rid the world of its most devastating social ills—drugs, crime, illiteracy and immorality—through the social betterment methods and principles of author and humanitarian L. Ron Hubbard.
Research has shown links between education failure, substance abuse, moral decay and crime. To address the interrelated nature of these social problems, ABLE and the organizations under its umbrella offer:
- Community and family literacy
- Teacher training and professional development
- Substance abuse treatment and prevention services
- Ex-offender re-entry and mentoring programs
- Character and common sense morals education