Edit: To be clear the 'Add a comment' box is just missing on all of her posts for me.
We have a new requisition open for a Senior SW Engineer here in Lowell. If you know good candidates please send in your referrals!
It’s posted on the corporate website here https://f5.com/about-us/careers (Req number: RP1004411
Job Description from web site is follows
F5 strives to provide world-class Application Delivery Networking products. We are seeking a seasoned software engineer to join our established Base Operating System Team. This team is responsible for providing the standards based operating system that our products are built upon.
This position is responsible for the ongoing improvements, maintenance and upgrade of the operating system used across all F5 products; including upgrades to the tool chain, Linux Kernel, and Linux distribution.
• Design and implement tools, process and software to streamline the upgrade of base operating system software.
• Evaluate performance of products; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code.
• Stay current with upstream improvements to the Linux Kernel and applicability to F5’s product line.
• Update/modify Linux Kernel and drivers as needed to improve performance and/or security.
• Document designs via functional specifications and other design documents.
• Conduct presentations internal and external.
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years Linux Kernel development experience (not just driver development).
• 5+ years UNIX development experience, system administration knowledge desired.
• 5+ years programming experience in C.
• Extensive knowledge of Linux Kernel internals, modules and debugging skills.
• Knowledge and experience with SELinux desired.
• Strong knowledge of multi-CPU and multithreaded architectures.
• Strong understanding of SCM systems, preferably Perforce.
• Strong understanding of packaging systems, preferably RPM.
• Strong skills in Perl or Python.
• Excellent analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- F5 NetworksSenior Enterprise Network Engineer, 2014 - present
- F5 NetworksEnterprise Network Engineer, 2010 - 2014
- ColoSpace, Inc.System Support Engineer, 2009 - 2010
- Sling Media Inc.Beta Program Manager, 2008 - 2009
- Cyphermint, Inc.Director of IT Operations, 2002 - 2008
- Experience.comSolutions Developer, 2001 - 2001
- Event ZeroSolutions Developer and Architect, 2000 - 2001
- GTE InternetworkingVPN & Internet Security Services Product Specialist, 1998 - 1999
- Lucent TechnologiesWebmaster & Technologist, 1995 - 1998
- XylogicsSecond Level Engineer, 1994 - 1995
- Apex Consulting GroupConsultant, 2002 - 2002
- Internet Service Providers' ForumDirector at Large, 1998 - 1999
- The McGraw-Hill CompaniesTechnical Editor, 1997 - 1998
- Gizmo Lovers (current)
- Worcester Polytechnic InstituteTechnical Writing, 1989 - 1994Technical writing with a concentration on Computer Science. http://goo.gl/maps/0drUW
- Worcester Polytechnic InstituteHistory, 1989 - 1994The History of Technological Development with a senior thesis focused on WWII. http://goo.gl/maps/0drUW
- Niskayuna Senior High School1985 - 1989Niskayuna, NY - Grades 9-12. http://goo.gl/maps/UxLQH
- Iroquois Middle School1983 - 1985Schenectady, NY - Grades 7 & 8. http://goo.gl/maps/o34sf
- St. Helen's1981 - 1983Schenectady, NY - Grades 4-6. Changed schools late in fourth grade. Yeah, I survived K-6 in Roman Catholic school. http://goo.gl/maps/Ti8Zd
- St. Joseph's1976 - 1981Schenectady, NY - Grades K-4. Changed schools late in fourth grade. http://goo.gl/maps/tXHSv
Lush Vibe- Control with Smartphone or Apple Watch | Indiegogo
For solo play, discreet public fun or long distance couples. This toy will spice up your sex life! | Crowdfunding is a democratic way to sup
Innovation and Experimentation in Whisky: a chat with Dr Bill Lumsden
Post by Stefan Van Eycken, Tokyo A couple of weeks ago, Dr Bill Lumsden did a whirlwind mini-tour of Japan. We caught him at the end of a bu
Disney Characters As Modern-day College Students | SMOSH
Ariel, Aladdin, or Snow White, and more of your favorite Disney animated characters re-imagined as modern-day college students!
Information Society: _hello world - Music on Google Play
Hello World is an album by American synthpop/freestyle band Information Society. It is a return to the band's "classic" 1980s lineup.
JetBlue Mint Premium-Cabins May Give It A Competitive Advantage
Carrier looks to new service to give it a leg up in transcontinental market.
Favorite Recipe from New Harambe Market at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Harambe Market opens May 23 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and if you can’t be here for the debut, we’re sharing one of our favorite recipes fr
California Grill Salad Celebrates Florida Tomato Month at Walt Disney Wo...
April is Florida Tomato Month, a fact that makes our neighbors to the North just a little covetous – as they are getting ready to plant for
Liquor, Drugs, Guns, and Money: Inside the Great Pappy Van Winkle Heist
Turns out, it's actually pretty easy to steal giant quantities of high-end bourbon. Just try not to brag too much afterwards.
Sorority sues former member after ‘sacred’ secrets leak to Seattle web c...
A national sorority has sued a former member claiming she leaked "sacred" secrets on a Seattle-based web comic. Attorneys for Phi Sigma Sigm
SpaceX's Gwynne Shotwell Talks Raptor, Falcon 9, CRS-2, Satellite Intern...
SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell was at the Satellite 2015 show in Washington last week, where during a lunch address she touched on seve
Two New Culinary Favorites at This Year’s Epcot International Flower &am...
What fun to make our rounds on the World Showcase Promenade and taste all the new creations from Executive Chef Gregg Hannon and his team at
Wine Tasting with Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard, Feb. 21-22 at Alfre...
Popular Alfresco Tasting Terrace on the second floor of Golden Vine Winery at Disney California Adventure park features a very cool wine lis
New ‘Cooking Safari With Mickey’ Cookbook Debuts This Spring at Disney’s...
It was so much fun to work with the chefs at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge to put together “A Cooking Safari Wit