Auntie Ruth’s Favorite Recipes - Artichoke and Spinach Palmiers
2 cups of Fresh Spinach or 1 - 10 oz. package frozen, chopped Spinach (thawed)
1 - 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tspn onion powder
1 tspn garlic powder
1/2 tspn ground black pepper
1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1. Chop the fresh Spinach or squeeze out the water from the frozen and place in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmesan, onion and garlic powder, and black pepper.
3. Unfold the puff pastry sheets. Place each one on a sheet of plastic wrap. Spread half of the spinach mixture evenly on each pastry sheet.
4. Roll each pastry sheet on the long edge towards the center, making sure the pastry is even and tight. Wrap each roll in the plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes so it will keep its shape when cutting. If freezing for longer times, let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Makes 24 Palmiers.
From the Kosher By Design Cookbook available at http://ht.ly/L51cd