I read this quote "Performance increases, more often than not, are about being smarter about when we do work, and to do things concurrently, more than just finding faster algorithms and micro-optimisation." from the attached link. It immediately struck me that perhaps the same is true about how we can improve our personal work performance.
How do they do that is insane FYI...
I submitted it, and the developer accepted the change into the project. And that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Take a look: https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet/pull/1394/files
Okay, so it was only ONE LETTER. But still - that's my contribution baby ;)
And to clarify, this post is actually much bigger than just submitting one letter to someone's documentation. This is to celebrate the beginning of my life as an Open Source developer. I've been working hard to understand how to develop projects in a way where I can get other people's help in the contribution. How do you build a rich ecosystem of development for a project that you care about? I don't think it's hard to do, but it's also not very straight forward.
So, cheers to all of us learning git, github and contributing to each others projects! And hooray for the letter 's'!!!
- County College of Morrispresent
- Utah Valley UniversityBFA - Art - Emphasis Drawing/Painting, 2012 - present
- Delaware County Community CollegeBusiness Administration, 2015 - 2017Associates Degree in Business Administration
- AutoschematicPresident, 2001 - presentWeb Design
- Pro River TechnologyVP of Research & Development, 2011 - present
- SiemensClinical Workflow Coordinator, present
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J)Website Design Intern, present
- PC WarehousePC Repair Specialist, present
- County College of MorrisLap Technician, present
- Equi-poise InstituteIntern Project Manager, present
CallApp - Caller ID & Block – Android Apps on Google Play
CallApp is the #1 Caller-ID / Dialer / Contacts app & #45 most downloaded app in Google Play. CallApp is the world’s largest & most comprehe
Welcome to 1031 Exchange Experts! | rules, requirements, guidelines, 103...
1031 Exchange Experts is the leader of companies with information on the rules, requirements and guidelines of investment real estate, which
Stopping Gmail from clipping messages - Google Product Forums
Stopping Gmail from clipping messages, FrJ, 7/6/12 2:11 PM, I want to stop gmail from clipping my emails. I often get very long emails. How
Numi for Mac OS X. Magically combines calculations with text. Free.
What is Numi? Numi is a little program, that lives in your menu bar. It magically combines calculations with text, and allows you to share c