I have to say, I am starting to hesitate when posting good content here. Some pics, like the ones I just posted, are inevitably going to get +1d and shared a lot. Each time that happens, I get that little popup on the Google+ toolbar and given my OCD (self diagnosed), I feel the need to check it. I need a way to disable notifications for each +1 or share on a post. And I am NOT talking about email notifications.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- this post was so well said.....I understand completely hahahaha!Oct 9, 2011
- Sorry for missing that, my bad. However, I do stand behind my recommendation for how to "ignore" the bar...
Also, I'm sure there is a way to ignore the plus using a browser extension (if you're using Chrome) - need to find one or maybe write one... shouldn't be too hard.
U just inspired me to write a post, link will be sent out soon...Oct 9, 2011
- Yea, so none of that is relevant. I dont want to disable comments or sharing, I just dont want to get notifications on each +1 or share.Oct 9, 2011
- I unknowingly had it send me an email for a new friend and other notifications until my Blackberry was constantly vibrating I got desperate to find out how to change this setting.Oct 9, 2011
- mr. fuld, just invite people, whenever you post, to avoid clicking on the +1. i was going to do it myself, but then i found out about your complaint.
and by the way, i'm sure the google+ project people are working on this. too many people are unhappy about the situation.Oct 9, 2011
- those are for email notifications, not browser.Oct 9, 2011
Add a comment...