Also sent to my Valentine in late response to her wonderful card...
The obverse side is a print of my favourite one of the Fake Andy Warhol images I created for an Email Art Call from . The collage on the reverse represents the positive and negative effects of feeling as though one is submerged in romance. The insects on the heart represent the feelings one gets when falling in love, similar to having butterflies in your stomach.
#collage #collageart #collageartist #collagefriday
“Tuborg ØL – Spring Target”
24¼”w. × 33¼”h.
A melancholic backwards reference to the Sweaty Man. Wishing he could be drinking an early Apollinaris craft beer (made in Tuborg) as he found so satisfying in his youth when he was the Thirsty Man - whilst unfortunately being trapped in the modern mechanised workers world of Tuborg ØL being mass produced under a single unified brewer. In his absent minded state the Sweaty Man has knocked over his hat full of old tricks, and spare hats, losing sight of the original target stored within. Meanwhile, the true magic of the hat is being flown off to safety by it’s resident rabbit revolting and taking this opportunity to make good it’s escape with the most highly prized trick on board. Left with only tinfoil hats for protection, the Man stands raptured in his dream of yesteryear as his tricks fail and all he holds dearest dissipates around him without notice. Translation from Danish: forår skydeskive = spring target.
Made with respect and consideration for the Target Practice project by Laura Tringali Holmes. Thank you for the two targets you sent me for use in this piece.
Target Practice on Facebook
Target Practice Blog
http://thetargetpracticeproject.blogspot.com/ — with Laura Tringali Holmes.
#targetpractice #tuborg #TuborgSpring #SpringTarget #collage #collageart #collageartist
I waited for him to cross, but he just stood there giving me the eye.
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
ISO 100, FL 54mm, 1/160s @ f:5.6, 0 EV
Taken Mar 27, 2014 @ 1:41pm
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada - Corner of Cedarbridge Way and Elmbridge Way.
"In Canada, even wild geese follow the traffic laws."
Single frame RAW developed using additional detail and texture enhancements in foreground only (primarily to enhance plumage colour & near pavement). Frame for effect only...
- Art Akademie™Grand Wazoo - Giver of Assignments, 2013 - presentHow does one describe the filling of the Soul with mere words and images not employing higher meta-language memes of indescribable complexity?
- Sarah Wants It Now, Or Else! Ltd.Special Parent In Training, 2000 - 2013
- Firecroft IT Limited, UKPresident & CEO, 1998 - 2000
- Funding Agency for Schools, UKNational Special Needs Software Development Coordinator, 1997 - 1999
- UK Telecom, Plc.Systems Administrator, 1996 - 1997
- Protean Data Managent Services, Ltd.President, CEO, Systems Developer, 1992 - 1996
- Xyntax Native Systems, Inc.Systems Developer, Data Services Manager, 1990 - 1992
- Colt Engineering CorporationSystems Developer, CADD Piping & Processing Support Mgr., 1986 - 1988
- Bechtel Corporation, CanadaControl Systems Developer, 1985 - 1986
- Bantrel Constructors Co.Control Systems Developer, 1984 - 1986
- Quality Wood Fabrication, Ltd.President & CEO, 1982 - 1989
- Cantrell Custom Homes, Ltd.Master Carpenter, 1980 - 1986
Emotional Roller Coaster Ride of Life The slow clicking internally charged clockwork pulls my carriage awkwardly, invariably upward towards the ever closer precipice I must engage. Once the ride commences there is no redress. No chance to escape the approaching plunge into darkness. Fear is a word in which I no longer place any purchase. I have gazed directly into that most foul and evil place afore. Nearing first climax where my soul shall inevitably be tested my awareness increases by leaps and bounds threatening to spew out into the Grand Abyss. Lain out before my existence to feed the mocking cosmos. Unwilling to return me my past and plentiful riches. Fragments from a long shattered dream hang still in argent discontent. As feces I entered and shall re-engage, once found lacking. Broad lathering pools deep with the sorrow of nonexistence await my entering return to the glory of pestilence from which I was unwillingly launched. Nothing more than detritus hangs me onto the edges clinging. Returning me to that which I never wished initial escape. Twisting my resolve with sweet language hardly understood. Siren’s song enticing putrid inclusion with that most base. Seasons change faster than days now it seems with every pulse and ring of clanging inner thoughts which beat me down to nothingness. This was not my intended path promised so blithely unwinding. Firmament dissolves into blackness of naught stretched out below. Reaching forward to desperately grasp at life’s fleeting mirage. Tipping the balance dissenting to headlong orthogenetic decline. Surrender forbidden to me as final irretrievable mercy freely allowed all others before having followed this long suffering route to achieve. James T. Randall, 2013.
- Athabasca UniversityB.Sc.Math(hon.), 1989 - 1991