- Evident.ioDirector of Corporate Communications, 2015 - presentAnthony M. Freed is the Director of Corporate Communications at Evident.io, the leading provider of cloud security intelligence services which automates vulnerability detection processes while enforcing security and compliance policies. By delivering the fastest security intelligence available to cloud engineers in a friendly, consumable manner, Evident.io bridges the gap between agile and airtight. In 2013, Evident was founded by security experts, engineers, and DevOps experts with the mission of creating a cloud security infrastructure that is as easy to install and use as it is rock solid. Our leaders have worked with some of the biggest names in security and cloud computing – Adobe, Netflix, McAfee, Trend Micro and Norse – and bring with them a deep understanding of the cloud and key security processes.
- Norse CorporationSenior Editor of Publications, 2014 - 2015
- Tripwire, Inc.Community Engagement & Social Media Coordinator, 2014
- Freelance Security Writer2008 - 2013
- Infosec IslandManaging Editor, 2010 - 2012
Anthony M. Freed is the Director of Corporate Communications at Evident.io, the leading provider of cloud security intelligence services which automates vulnerability detection processes while enforcing security and compliance policies.
Anthony is also the Communications Advisor for the Cyber Security Forum Initiative, which provides Cyber Warfare awareness, guidance, and security solutions through collaboration, education, volunteer work, and training to assist the US Government, US Military, Commercial Interests, and International Partners.
Anthony is an infosec journalist who authored numerous feature articles, interviews and investigative reports which have been sourced and cited by dozens of major media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, The Register, Financial Times of London, MSNBC, Fox News, PC/IT/Computer/Tech World, eWeek, SC Magazine, CSO Magazine, Federal News Radio, The Herald-Tribune, Naked Security, and many more.
Anthony previously wrote about the finance industry before moving into the information security field, and received notoriety as a financial freelance journalist, including having numerous articles published by leading media syndicates such as The Chicago Sun-Times, Business Week’s Business Exchange, Seeking Alpha, InvestorCentric, OpenSalon, Bear Market Investments, Alacra Pulse, ML-Implode, and dozens more.
Anthony also previously worked as a consultant to senior members of product development, secondary and capital markets from the largest financial institutions in the country, and he had a front row seat to the bursting of the credit bubble.
Let Me Tell You Some Akamai Security Stories - The Akamai Blog
I'm a journalist by trade, with two decades of newspaper reporting and editing behind me. I've spent the last decade writing about informati
RSA Conference Attendees Respond: "If I Were a CISO..."
At the RSA Conference, we asked attendees to share with us what they would happen if they became a chief information security officer (CISO)
20 Critical Security Controls: Control 4 - Continuous Vulnerability Asse...
Today's post is all about Control 4 of the CSIS 20 Critical Security Controls - Continuous Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation (the las
U.S. to friend and foe: Come visit our network flea market!
Is it sad that a lot of us find humor and indifference in just how easy it is to rummage through the government's computer networks? Per
Announcement from Infosec Island Members: TakeDownCon: Special Discounts...
Special Training Promotion for Infosec Island Members Sign up for any of the trainings, and enjoy the following: 1. 15
First documented case of cyber espionage? - Forbes
There have been so many examples of cyber espionage that it is now the norm to just accept that it is rampant. MI5 in the UK, the German Ch