has horrible customer service and "techs" who make up the story just to cover their incompetence.
1) Ordered whole bunch of parts for the office computer at work
2) mobo came with the loose CPU cover- most likely it was open box item, which Newegg resold as new. No other parts were opened at this moment: CPU, case, RAM etc.
3) Right away it was submitted for RMA as defective, DOA
4) Got a surprise message from Newegg RMA that it was damaged during the installation
5) Called- on hold back and forth for 40 mins where the lady over the phone on 41st minute decided to pull the trigger- the marvelous detectives from Newegg RMA depot found traces of thermal paste on the socket. Yeah, right...
The board was NOT even taken out of the bag, all other parts are in the box still.
2 Scenarios here:
a) Some Newegg RMA tech messed up the RMA process and just made up the story as it was developing with the thermal paste traces
b) The board was really 2nd hand and we were selected as the winner by #Newegg #Scam
6) Customer rep offered 50% restocking fee and then 25% restocking fee- for being their loyal customer.
Will I order from Newegg?
Nope, not worth the hassle for extra few buck you think you may save. #neweggsucks #scam #horrible