10 have him in circles
Worked at NTH/NTNU
Attended Junior highschool, Smøla realskole
10 have him in circles
- NTH/NTNUProfessor, 1974 - 2009
- NTHChairman Fysikkseksjonen, 1984 - 1985
- NTHChairman Almenavdelingen, 1985 - 1988
- NTNUChairman Department of Physics, 1999 - 2000
Arnljot Elgsæter (Norwegian spelling)
Arnljot Elgsæter, amateur astronomy, amateur radio, LA1DI, biophysics, polymerphysics
Born in Finnmark (The northernmost part of Norway located next to the Arctic Ocean) in the Spring of 1944. Only half a year later all of Finnmark was burned down by the German occupiers as part of a scorched earth strategy. All sivilians were forced to evacuate to the southern parts of Norway.
As a result of this I ended up spending my childhood and early youth on the Smøla archipelago (Located on the North Atlantic coast of the midle part of Norway).
Looking back now, my early years appear as carefree and idyllic as could be imagined the two first decades after the end of the second world war.
The available material resources would not impress anyone nowadays, but there were nontheless lots of interesting and educational activites to select among for a boy full of life.
At the age of 16 I had -- without any adult supervision -- built my first working radio transmitter. I became a licensed radioamateur (LA1DI) while still 17 years old.
Professor emeritus as of April 2009. Enjoying grandchildren growing up and giving the family home a full makeover. Hobbies: Amateur astronomy and radio amateur activities.
Married to Marit since 1971. We have two adult sons both with families of their own.
- Junior highschool, Smøla realskole1958 - 1960
- Highschool, Steinkjer landsgymnasMath. and science (preseterist), 1960 - 1963
- Simonsen Radiofactory, Oslo (Sonar and maritime radio equipment).Trainee for NTH, 1963 - 1964
- Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), TrondheimEngineering Physics (siv.ing.; summa cum laude), 1964 - 1969
- Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, KjellerArmy Signal Corps conscript; Computers/electronics, 1969 - 1970
- NTH, TrondheimBiophysics, 1970 - 1971
- Univ. of California, Berkely, U.S.A.Biophysics (PhD), 1971 - 1974
- Harvard University, Cambridge, U.S.A.Research leave, 5 months, 1980
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.AResearch leave, 12 months, 1988 - 1989
- Freiburg University, Freiburg, GermanyResearch leave, 12 months, 1994 - 1995
Arnljot Elgsaeter's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.
Camilla Henemark - siste nytt, bilder og video - Kjendis.no - Kjendis
Få med deg siste nytt om kjendisene. Fullspekket med bilder og video holder vi deg oppdatert kjendisverdenen døgnet rundt og tar temperature