1. Blackberries - 1 cup contains the most antioxidants of all the berries tested, beating out blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, raspberries. Plus, 1 cupful provides 1/2 your daily recommended intake of vitamin C.
2. Strawberries - Bursting with fiber & Vitamin C (149% of your daily recommended intake!) a cup of sliced strawberries is a cup full of healthy benefits.
3. Coffee - Not only does coffee help keep us alert, it reduces the risk of diabetes and Parkinson's disease and also stimulates enzymes that protect against colon cancer.
4. Raspberries - Another super-healthy berry to add to your diet. One cup of raspberries is loaded with Vitamin C (54% of your daily recommended intake) and antioxidants.
5. Ground cloves - Just a teaspoon of ground cloves can do wonders for your body. Spice up your meals and boost your health at the same time.
6. Peaches are rich in betacarotene, vitamins A and C, fiber and minerals like iron, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus.
7. Walnuts - Just an ounce of walnuts, or 15-20 halves, is loaded with antioxidants. They're cholesterol free and low in sodium and sugar. Nuts are laden with calories, though so be mindful of your intake.
8. Artichoke - One artichoke contains approximately 1/4 of an average-sized adult's fiber needs. It's rich in Vitamin C, potassium, folic acid & magnesium and is naturally fat free and very low in calories.
9. Cranberries - One cup of whole cranberries is full of disease-fighting and health-boosting antioxidants.
10. Pecans - One ounce, or 20 jumbo kernels of pecans is rich in antioxidants. They increase metabolic rates, enhance satiety and play a role in protecting the nervous system.
11. Blueberries - This superfood is good for your health and can help protect your skin from premature aging. Blueberries reduce the risk of urinary tract infection, and improve eye vision.
12. Broccoli contains indole-3-carbinol that reduces the risk of breast cancer and other estrogen sensitive cancers, like cancer of the ovaries & cervix. It contains other protective constituents like beta-carotene, which can help prevent heart disease.
Other AntiOxidant sources:
Vitamin A & Carotenoids: Carrots, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Cantaloupe & Apricots
Vitamin C - Citrus fruits like oranges & lime etc. Green peppers, green leafy vegetables & tomatoes
Vitamin E: Nut & Seeds, whole grains, green leafy vegetables, vegetable oil & liver oil.
Selenium: Fish & Shellfish, grains, eggs, Chicken & Garlic.
Flavonoids & Polyphenols: Soy, red wine, purple grapes, or concord grapes, pomegranate, tea.
Lignan: Barley, Flax seed, Oatmeal, Rye.
[Nutrition Solution Lifestyle in FB]
Before it happens again, the Earth will change beyond recognition
It won't happen again until December 2117. On June 5th, 2012, Venus will transit the face of the Sun in an event of both historical and observational importance. The best places to watch are in the south Pacific, but travel is not required
Check on map where will be visible → http://goo.gl/jjW54
SHARE TO EVERYONE
I've noticed that often prefer to use my #iPhone with the #speaker on when receiving calls - e.g. if I'm typing away and get a call, I can more easily keep typing if the phone is already on speaker.
I had to google it, and it wasn't obvious, so I thought I'd share.
To make the speaker on by default when receiving calls, go to
Settings > General > Accessibility
Under Physical & Motor (you'll have to scroll to find it), select Incoming Calls and select Speaker.
- Environmental Technical ServicesProject Manager / Senior Chemist, present
- Hecla Mining Co, Homestake Mining Co, Wharf Resources, Creede Resources
- South Dakota School of Mines and TechnnologyChemistry, 1981
20 Delicious Protein Powder Recipes That Are NOT Shakes Slideshow
Protein powder is beneficial health food for active people, but it’s viewed by many as a one-trick pony, a musclehead’s concoction meant onl
TechCrunch | Google Acquires Mobile Productivity Company Quickoffice
Google just announced that it has acquired Quickoffice, a company best known for its mobile productivity suite for Android and iOS. Google p
Can't Tickle Yourself? That's a Good Thing: Scientific American
Studies of Tit-For-Tat Games And Links To Delusional Thinking
Peyton Manning to sign with Denver Broncos: NFL.com
(Reuters) - Peyton Manning, who was recently cut by the Indianapolis Colts, will resume his illustrious career with the Denver Broncos, the