Last weekend seven of us ventured into the Ansel Adam's Wilderness Area. It was a long drive for one night, but well worth it. We did a quick 5 mile hike around the Devil's Postpiles on Saturday evening, then rose at 4:30am to prepare for an 11 hour, 17 mile hike up to Minaret Lake, then back round to Agnew Meadows via Ice Berg Lake (http://www.strava.com/activities/185842496). There was some excitement during the 1 mile transition between marked trails at the furthest extent of our trip, but we all survived.
71 Photos - View album
30 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Gorgeous! However, the phrase "...but we all survived" could use some elaboration!Aug 27, 2014
- That looks like a heck of a hike! I'm surprised you lugged your dslr the whole way :)Aug 27, 2014
- My Mom was a photographer, and one day she looked up Ansel Adams in the Monterrey phone book and called him up. He invited her over, and ended up going to his place and hanging out. She took some pictures and he took some pictures of her. I'm going to dig them up and post them. He was phenomenal, back in the days when you really had to work to expose a big piece of film!Aug 28, 2014
- Wow, this looks amazing! How far in advance did you have to apply for a wilderness permit? I'd love to go there this weekend but my head is exploding just reading the permit FAQ.Aug 28, 2014
- You can pick the passes up at the gate. We car-camped by the road, so not sure if the on-demand passes cover dispersed camping.Aug 28, 2014
Add a comment...