Chiara Passa, media artist and professor. Graduated at Fine Arts Academy of Rome; master in new audio-visual mediums at the Faculty of Modern Literature.
My artwork combines different media as: internet-art projects, animations and interactive video-installations; digital art in public space as site-specific artworks and video-mapping analyzing changes in ‘liquid space’ through a variety of techniques, technologies and devices - often constructed thru the augmented reality and the virtual reality technologies.
Furthermore I design video-sculptures and objects developing also art-applications and widgets for mobile platforms.
I use the new technologies in a wide-range production in order to comprise its intrinsic language, experimenting in rigorous and personal way on the unknown creative possibilities that the new media are continuously offering to me.
Full CV/statement: http://www.chiarapassa.it/Artisticprofile.html
My artwork was internationally exhibited from Festivals & institutions, most important:
• " ISEA Disruption", Conference and exhibition at Vancouver Art Gallery. (2015);
• "Morphos", Vortex Dome Los Angeles. Curated by Ethan Bach. (2014);
• Media Art Histories 5: RENEW conference, Riga. (2013);
• “Not Here Not There” LEA-Leonardo Electronic Almanac, MIT Press
Journal at ISEA Albuquerque: Machine Wilderness. (2012);
• “AppArtAward”, ZKM|Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie, Karlsruhe (2011);
• FILE | Electronic Language International Festival, São Paulo. (2011);
• "Soft Borders Conference-upgrade international", São Paulo, curated by Martha Gabriel. 18-21 of October (2010);
• Artech 2010 “Envisioning Digital Spaces”, international conference on digital art, Guimarães, Portugal (2010);
• Electrofringe - festival of new media art, Newcastle, Australia. (2008);
• Festival A10 Medialab, London (2008);
• MAK - Museum of contemporary art (Vienna 2007);
• Milano in Digitale, Festival di Arte Elettronica, Fabbrica del Vapore, Milano (2007);
• MAXXI- Museo Nazionale delle Arti del XXI Secolo, Roma (2006);
• CCCB – Centro de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (2006);
• Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid (2006);
• BizArtCenter, Shangai (2005);
• Centro per L'Arte Contemporanea Luigi Pecci, Prato (2005);
• MACRO - Museo di Arte Contemporanea, Roma (2004);
• PEAM - Pescara Electronic Artist’s Meeting, Pescara (2004);
• 11° Biennale of young artists of Europe and the Mediterranean countries. Cosmos – a sea of art”. Athens. (2003);
• VIPER - International Festival of Film, Video and new Media, Basel (2003);
• “XIV Quadriennale” Anteprima. Palazzo Reale, Napoli (2003);
• GAM - Galleria d’Arte Moderna Torino. Torino (2001);
• GNAM - Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna, Roma (2001);
• Biennale de Valencia “El mundo Nuevo”, Valencia (2001);
• 48° Biennale di Venezia, Venezia (1999);
• Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa, Venezia (1999).