Check out our new and updated maps in parts of Europe, Africa and Asia!
Today, we’re launching updates to for Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lesotho, Macau, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore and Vatican City. These new maps are more detailed, with better information for things like parks, coastlines and bodies of water; more accurate names and locations for major points of interest; and more clearly-labeled ferry routes—plus some other improvements.
86 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- Where is Poland? Maps are very inaccurate. Villages, roads and rivers don't exist on Google Maps. Public transport and photos 45 degrees in towns and cities are only dreams (without cities where were Euro 2012). I believe that Map Maker in Poland can be great idea. OSM aren't popular here, but maps are more accurate. Google, please! Do something.Jul 20, 2012
- Consulta with you page indica http://orden Atlas least ir you
Know working indica computer.,...
gerardo alvarinoJul 20, 2012
- Now google map will use local language as default, when I browse google maps half the language I can't read and make the maps not-usable...Jul 20, 2012
- Up Galway!Jul 22, 2012
- Still no navigation for Malta??!!Jul 30, 2012
- I just discovered the updates to the greece maps. This update comes just in time for my planed holidays :-)
I'm planning some trailruns and I love the more detail the update provides.
But I would like to see map maker work also for greece (and germany!) since there are still a lot of smaller trails not in the map. Planning a route for trailrunning, hiking, mountain biking, etc. is still kind of difficult.
Another thing is (although this is probably not the right place) that the android maps app can't follow a predefined route.
My scenario is: I want to plan a route on my pc, store it in 'My Places' download it to my phone and let my phone guide me along exactly that planed route.
I think that there are a lot of other activities than running or hiking, too, where you don't want to follow the shortest or fastest route between two places but follow a planed route.
This feature would really rock!!!Jul 31, 2012