以前不懂的東西, 時機到的時候, 自然會懂的, 話說這種感觸好像在許多地方都適用 ...
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- git add -p 好用啊!Feb 17, 2012
- Have you tried the hg-record extension?Feb 18, 2012
- The record extension has added qrefresh support since 14426:1df64ccef23e, and I believe from that point, mq + record was much better than git staging area both in terms of generality and day-to-day usability.
I mean, before revision 14426, you can only create a new commit or new patch with the record extension but not update the current patch. So it was less useful than git staging area, which you may update anyway you want.
And while the mq extension is always more general/powerful than git staging area, its usability was somewhat less than git because there was no easy way to split a patch or add changes interactively. See: http://stevelosh.com/blog/2010/08/a-git-users-guide-to-mercurial-queues/ the "Problems with MQ" section.
But it is all different now. The revision 14426 has added the long-awaited qrefresh support (at least I was waiting for it). I've used the mq + record workflow in small scale and it is pretty promising.Feb 18, 2012
- , I didn't know you were this into mercurial. Since you're not using it for work which projects are you using it on?Feb 18, 2012
- I use mercurial in some of my pet projects.Feb 18, 2012
- Why would you use mercurial for your pet projects since you have been familiar with git? Or you personally like mercurial much?Feb 18, 2012
- The link is inspired and I've updated the post. I just get the concept not the details. When there is more complicated scenario, I'll give them a trial.Feb 18, 2012
- 剛弄個小東西來試用 qnew, qpush, qpop, qfinish, qrefresh, qrecord, 覺得以 cmd line 來說更方便, 若 qrecord 有 GUI 的話應該會更強大。
習慣用 thg commit 後, 除了小東西外, 我都用 thg commit, 方便看各檔案的修改, 再用 shelve tools 移掉不想在這次加入的東西。不過用 mq 可達到多層 "staging area", 也很有吸引力。
還沒試過 git 的 GUI, 不過我猜它的 GUI 應該會支援 staging area 才對, 畢竟是 git 基本的功能, 和 mq 預設作為「extension」的地位不同Feb 18, 2012
Add a comment...