Start a hangout
Works at Bloomberg L.P.
Attended Yale University
Lives in New York
- Bloomberg L.P.Editor, 2011 - present
- Slate.comColumnist, The Big Money, 2008 - 2010
- WriterNew York Magazine, NY Times, others, 2005 - 2008
- Time Inc.Senior Writer, Fortune, 2000 - 2004
A reporter and writer for over a decade, I've written for Fortune, Slate.com, New York Magazine, the New York Times, Salon.com, Businessweek, and other outlets. These days you can catch my work regularly on Slate's finance site, The Big Money, where I write the "Money Trail" column. On my website at MarkGimein.com you'll find past features I've written (they cover everything from the financier George Soros to the malpractice lawyers who advertise on the New York subway), as well as links to my blogs and other projects. I try to remain accessible: you'll find contact info, both phone and email, on my website, and I encourage you to call or write if you ever want to talk about one of my stories. Oh, and duh ... yes, you can follow me on Twitter.
- Yale UniversityPhilosophy, 1989 - 1994