Open Computer Science Electronic Hacking Event at Madlab, Manchester on 31Aug2013
- Open Computer ScienceFounder, 2013 - presentOpen Computer Science is a not for profit computer science educational organisation in Manchester. A volunteer lead organisation opening up computer science and electrical engineering education to everybody. Currently organising a series of workshop days, software development masterclasses and continuing professional development courses for the Manchester community. In partnership with and sponsored by STEMNet, BCS Manchester and Ampersand Commerce.
- STEMNETAmbassador, 2013 - presentHelping provide better Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics teaching to young people through STEM at the Museum of Science and Industry Manchester (MOSI).
- BCS, The Chartered Institute for ITCommittee Member, 2013 - presentCommittee Member of the BCS Manchester Branch, The Chartered Institute for IT. Our mission as BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT (formerly known as British Computer Society), is to enable the information society. We promote wider social and economic progress through the advancement of information technology science and practice. We bring together industry, academics, practitioners and government to share knowledge, promote new thinking, inform the design of new curricula, shape public policy and inform the public.
- ATTAINSoftware Developer, 2012 - 2013Whilst at ATTAIN I worked with several large clients within the UK including: Livepool John Lennon Aiport, Ryanair, DW Sports, Mojito Marketing, UKPrize and Time Recruitment. - SaaS (Software as a Service) Dashboard Development - PHP Development with the Symfony Framework - MongoDB & MySQL Database Development - Smarty Templating Language for HTML Email Templating - PowerMTA for mass email sending control and statistics - Git Version Control - RedHat Linux
Jacob Clark AMBCS Dip HNDip
I'm a computer scientist with a particular interest in software development, artificial intelligence, computer graphics, data mining, embedded systems and microcontroller/electrical engineering.
I have several years experience within the software and web development industry, working with large national and international clients developing bespoke business critical applications, those clients included: Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Persil, McBride Group, Advanced Foster Group, Wigan & Leigh College, Barton Park and Just 4 Rugby.
I am currently employed by CSL Sofas as a Software Developer working on internal business applications.
Whilst working within the industry I have achieved both a National Diploma (Dip) and Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing, Information Systems and Software Development. I am currently studying a BSc in computer science at The University of Salford.
I'm passionate about education and inspiring younger generations into computer science and electrical engineering, I often give up my spare time to mentor, teach, host workshops and educational events to achieve this.
I'm a committee member of the British Computer Society's Manchester Branch, a STEM Ambassador and supporter of the Free Software Foundation and the Open Source Initiative.
- University of SalfordBSc (Hons) Computer Science, 2013 - present- Programming/Server Side Programming - Computer Systems Internals and Linux - Database Systems - Artificial Inteligence and Data Mining - Web Development - Software Projects with Agile Techniques - Data Structures and Algorithms - Networking - Software Development Techniques - Software Quality Management - Computer Graphics
- Wigan and Leigh CollegeHND Computing & Information Systems, 2011 - 2013- Object Orientated Techniques in Software Developing using Java & .NET - Advanced Database Systems using Oracle 11g - Server Side Development using PHP - Project Design & Development
- Wigan & Leigh CollegeNational Diploma IT and Busniess, 2009 - 2011- Procedural Programming with Pascal - Development in .NET - 3D Game Development - Human Computer Interaction - Computer Networks - Project Design and Development
- Wigan & Leigh CollegeCisco/CompTIA IT Essentials - Networking, Security & OS, 2009 - 2009- Linux & Windows Server Management & Administration - Operating System Security - Firewalls - Routing
- Wigan & Leigh CollegeCisco/CompTIA IT Essentials - Hardware & Software, 2008 - 2008- Networking - TCP/IP Protocols - CISCO Networking Switches & Routers - System Backups - Theoretical Network Attacks and Solutions
- Lowton High School2005 - 2009