Hello Google+ community, I'm in Enlgish 1100 at East Carolina University. My group and I have to write a newspaper article about an ethical issue that results from our ability to synthesize DNA. We were wondering what are some ethical issues that stand out or interest you guys? It might help sway our decision on what to write about!
no plus ones
View 6 previous comments
- The issue thatand believe would be the most interesting to write about would be mutations. We think that your thoughts on if mutations is legal or is wrong on society would be a very nice piece of writing.Apr 15, 2016
- The Issue discussed today was privacy. I don't think this is a big factor because it's only so much you can get from that sample of DNA, but some people have serious problems cooping with something that cant hurt youApr 15, 2016
- Our group discussed how DNA databases can be unethical.Apr 15, 2016
- One of the most interesting ethical issues with DNA is DNA Testing, which is based off of peoples complains that scientist are going to far by creating different medications. They also have issues with the fact animals are being used as test subjects.Apr 15, 2016
- The issueand i think is the most interesting is privacy. It's not so much as bad, but by having a database of everyone's DNA, people knows what people can have and their race, etc.Apr 15, 2016
- I teach 7th grade and my student and I read an article about a new technology called CRISPR which allows scientists to alter DNA to avoid certain hereditary conditions. My students had lively conversations about the ethical implications of altering DNA to avoid disease and the possibility for those alterations to open up the possibility of mutations.Apr 16, 2016
Add a comment...