As seen on the kernelnewbies.org mailing list a few weeks ago (just now catching up on email archives...)
The Eudyptula Challenge
How do i do it? Email little at eudyptula-challenge.org and say that you want to join in. You will receive an email with your first exercise and details on how the challenge is run. All communication goes through email, just like the Linux kernel is developed. Please note, all HTML-formatted ...
82 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- "Please show proof of this module being built, and running, in your kernel. What this proof is is up to you, I'm sure you can come up with something": how can a script ever make sense of whatever people are going to send? Is that a full AI?Mar 5, 2014
- It seems like half of the point is to frustrate you by only accepting submissions in a very specific format that they don't specify in the tasks.
Just breaking you in for LKML, I guess.Mar 5, 2014
- Is there a way to skip assignments?
I feel like there's a lot I can learn from this ... but I'm too lazy to make the first assignment :o
I mean, I've spent my day toying with some ehci controller ... do I really need to make the "hello world" assignment?Mar 5, 2014
- try sending some log outputMar 8, 2014
- look at tee or script to capture what is going on.Mar 8, 2014
- I wish the eudyptula people would tell their newbies to use a different subject than "Fix coding style issue" for every single patch. Does anyone know how to email them?Jun 16, 2014