1. It is not ironic because it was a hypothetical situation. The situation was if god existed. God is all powerful and could easily get rid of pain.
2. Well the universe is indifferent, that is the way it is. Your argument of an ultimate goodness through god is simply an argument that there should be an ultimate source of morality. It is like if someone says that there should be no cancer and that would make the world better, however there is still cancer.
3. Atheism has no specific answer to pain and suffering. Atheism is only involved with the belief of whether or not god exists. Also, just because christianity has an answer does not mean it the correct answer.
4. Just because there is no meaning of life does not mean there is no meaning in life. Stephen Fry actually had an amazing video of that. http://youtu.be/Tvz0mmF6NW4
5.Morality is not based on religion.
6. It does not make sense to be more outraged as a christian than an atheist. Both groups can be equally as outraged. By saying this you kind of sound like a dick towards atheists.