Press Releases – Infographics – Video – Slide Decks??? While slide decks have been around for some time, learn more about how this content marketing model is playing an increasingly important role in Web marketing strategies.
Included in March: Sending the Right Social Signals? How to Boost your Conversion IQ. And, more about our name, “Gladiator”.
Coming up in April: Relationship Counseling for Attorneys and SEO Providers. Five Small Design Changes to Improve User Engagement.
Nothing astonishing, but a solid rundown of some top best practices. I often learn the most by listening ‘between the lines’. Spend the 10 minutes to watch this SEO video from Google and you’ll give yourself a chance to (a) Double-check your own basics; (b) Understand the importance of onsite usability to Google and your rankings; (c) Get motivated to participate and interact with your own online social buzz.
A few cliff notes:
- As you add content to your website, use the “Fetch as Googlebot” tool in Webmaster Tools to submit those new pages to the Google index.
- Consider PageLoad times – how long it takes for your site to load. Google aims for sites that load in 0.5 seconds, wow!
- Use consistent anchor text on internal links (links between pages on your website) to help promote Sitelinks in the Google results.
- Each page should focus on a singular, logical topic.
- Pandas are Very Smart Geeks. The “Panda machine-learning algorithm” uses AI to get smarter about duplicate content, content scrapers, and what makes a human revisit a website (along with about 1m additional considerations) to differentiate between quality and low-quality websites.
- Very Smart Geeks Appreciate Quality. Therefore, Pandas Appreciate Quality. You can read more about Panda Matt Cutts and quality tips here: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2012/04/another-step-to-reward-high-quality.html (4/24/2012). Content is critical, including layout, note:
“we [Google] launched a page layout algorithm that reduces rankings for sites that don’t make much content available “above the fold.””
- Pandas like New Growth to Chew On. While old-school factors, like PageRank, continue to be downgraded, date-stamped, fresh website updates and content taste best to Pandas. Forget relying on RSS feeds for fresh news headlines and keywords (boo hiss) and limit your reliance on “evergreen content”. Give Panda something new and yummy to chew on.
- Pandas are like Santa Claus. They both know when you’re good and when you’re bad.
“We [Google] want people doing white hat search engine optimization (or even no search engine optimization at all) to be free to focus on creating amazing, compelling web sites. As always, we’ll keep our ears open for feedback on ways to iterate and improve our ranking algorithms toward that goal.”
Stay Updated: Google Webmaster Central Blog, http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/
More About the Panda refresh from SEO Roundtable: http://www.seroundtable.com/google-panda-3-8-15350.html
- Gladiator Law MarketingOwner, 2013 - present
- Consultwebs.com, Inc.Director & Co-Owner, 2013
- LisaVaughn.netPrivate Web Marketing Consultancy, 2013
- Lucent Technologies
You fight for your clients. Isn’t it time your Web marketing company fought for you??
Too often, small/medium-sized law firms find themselves priced out of the market. We believe you have a right to compete, too. Gladiator Law Marketing has your back.
We offer a transparent approach to law firm Web marketing: Itemized Invoices | Flexible Contract Terms | Custom Solutions
- Berea College