- Newfoundland & Labrador TourismInternet Marketing Officer, 2010 - presentDepartmental liaison with the Advertising Agency of Record (AOR), responsible for the coordination, supervision and maintenance of all website, social media, mobile, email and internet marketing initiatives. - Strategic development of plans, programs and marketing initiatives - Act as department’s key liaison and manage the activities of the department’s AOR to ensure programs are implemented on time and on budget - Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate internet, social media, email and mobile marketing initiatives - Initiate and evaluate marketing research and attend relevant conferences and training - Develop social media guidelines and engagement strategy - Manage and administer budget, estimates, and payment of invoices Achievements: - Canadian e-Tourism Awards - Best Website (NewfoundlandLabrador.com) - Part of a team that has received over 155 awards for Newfoundland & Labrador Tourism's "Find Yourself Here" campaign
- remix86.comCo-Owner, 2010 - presentCo-founder of Remix86, an internationally recognized electronic music blog based out of Newfoundland, Canada. - Responsible for brand and design (logo, website, album art, merchandise and all online components) - Engage in creative writing initiatives (music blog posts, opinion articles, festival and event coverage, artist biographies, artist press kits, and press releases) - Partake in multimedia interviews with international artists - Arrange and release exclusive content and contest giveaways with artists and labels - Create and edit digital videos - Manage and build social media presence (SoundCloud, Hype Machine, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) - Release exclusive music (22 track FOGO compilation plus exclusive originals and remixes) - Produce music and DJ for various events and clients, including Mini and Suzy Shier Achievements: - Listed as one of the Top Electronic Music Blogs in 2011 - Recently posted by Columbian Fashion Magazine Slang, Russian blog POPJOY and published by CBC/Radio-Canada
- Amy Fisher (BrandYou Marketing) ConsultingOwner, 2009 - 2013Founder of this digital marketing company specializing in social marketing management for SMEs, website development, online marketing strategies, and integrated marketing plans. - Researched, planned and developed business concept and plan for online social media management tool - Secured funding from the National Research Council (NRC) for new API technology research and development - Staffed and managed a team of developers and designers; developed and motivated personnel - Led strategic planning process, set scrums (iterative goal setting), led agile work process, managed workflow, and ensured project deadlines were met - Managed all administrative duties including payroll, accounting, financing, budgeting, and forecasting - Currently responsible for sales and client relations and building relationships with various stakeholder groups
- TEDxStJohnsArts & Entertainment Coordinator, 2013 - 2013TEDxStJohns was created in the spirit of TED's mission, "ideas worth spreading." The program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences in St. John's, Newfoundland. The Art & Entertainment Coordinator (AEC) is a key member of the TEDxStJohns Programming Team, responsible for: - Entertainment procurement: to seek out and procure all art and entertainment components of the 2013 TEDxStJohns event (and any smaller lead-up events). - Speaker curation: provide support and assistance to the Programming Director and Assistant Director at various stages of the the speaker curation process - Team support: supporting other teams and members as necessary
Amy possesses a strong background in internet, social, and mobile marketing. Combined with traditional advertising and communication experience, Amy thrives with strategic planning and integrated marketing communication projects.
These views are her own.
- Memorial University of NewfoundlandMasters of Business Administration, 2012 - present
- Memorial University of NewfoundlandBachelor of Business Commerce Co-op (Honours), 2003 - 2008