Carl Zimmer and Neil deGrasse Tyson TOGETHER AT LAST. A million science fans' hearts go pitter-pat.
An excellent piece by http://bit.ly/tysonbyzimmer in the Jan issue of Playboy: "King of the Cosmos (A Profile of Neil deGrasse Tyson)"
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 28 previous comments
- A.V. Flox Allow me to paint a picture for you:
Your 17 yrs old daughter is going to her friend house, where the father of the friend offers her money for taking her nude pictures.
If I am the father police will be involved.
But for hugh hefner it works.
I don't buy all the BS about playboy’s contribution.
In Yiddish we call it “ kosher but stinks”.
David Dobbs - The fact that you think you need to defend Zimmers decision speaks volumes.Jan 5, 2012
- In Texas, 17 is the age of consent.Jan 5, 2012
- In Nevada, it's 16. Frankly, I'm more concerned about how my daughter would feel if such a situation presented itself -- whatever her age -- than about what the law says. Consent laws are messy, sporadically resulting in two kids getting labeled as sex offenders for sexual exploration. I think coercion has more to do with context than it does age. Age is just easier to enforce.Jan 5, 2012
- "Sporadically resulting in two kids getting labeled as sex offenders for sexual exploration." Yes, a problem.Jan 5, 2012
- I should add I don't exactly see Playboy as the outfit that at a suburban house offers a visiting 17-year-old money to take her pictures.Jan 5, 2012
- The question is very simple: is it OK if an adult man offers 17 yrs old girl money to take her pictures nude and publish them worldwide?
I say. NO
You say. Yes if enough money and 6000 words from Carl Zimmer are involved .Jan 5, 2012