As you can imagine this has been a pretty stressful week for me. But it hasn't been all bad. On Thursday I was given an honorary Darwin Award, and on Friday they crowned me Miss South Carolina.
581 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 102 previous comments
- Miss South Carolina, fit you perfectly well based more on the statements than on your appearance, right?, until someone finds the picture of you then .. good luck with the new appointments, are anxiously watching your new career as a queen .. BR Trond # 1 fan.Oct 25, 2011
- U Will Live 2 Rule Once More, Yegge .. BR Trond #1 fanOct 25, 2011
- Yee Lau+3I really love your previous post, even though it's no longer link to your G+ account. Regardless, I agreed with most of the points on there...especially teh point of Google lacking of a platform.
I can imagine how awkward it is for you especially after the media did a craze cover of your post, regardless, I hope Amazon and Google executives takes notes and actually rethink your points. Sometimes the executives, while brilliant, are so focus on their day to day or next big thing, the missed the most obvious stuff, stuff that matters to its employees as well as the end users. I sincerely hope you will get a better role because of this fame, a role that can make changes to Google for the better of the future products. Because Google definitely need to stop producing more new products when the existing ones aren't even link from one another. And like Steve Jobs said to Larry Page - it's time to focus on your big 5 products. My thought - G+ isnt one of them...yet.Oct 28, 2011
- I. Wyrd+1Well it's good to know that you probably won't have to suffer any negative repercussions from the accidental post, apart from the guilt, etc.
Even though it was never intended for the outside world, your post was very enlightening. It actually makes me like Google more not less, and it helps me understand why Google seems to forever have problems with (successfully) launching new things.
So even though I'm not employed by Google, I hope the Whole Huge Google Organization is able to make a lot of significant progress towards the Platform First model. Because if someone has to be the ruler of the world, it should probably be Google. It's the only company I know of with a decent motto I can really support.
Furry cows moo and decompress.Jan 4, 2012
- Darwin award! HAHAHAHAHA awesome.Apr 16, 2012
- I'm late to this party, but honestly, I think the Miss South Carolina crack is worse than the Darwin award, and I'm FROM South Carolina. It's not better with this year's debacle, although to Miss Mosteller's credit (2013 Miss SC), we do actually have the highest per capita rate of trailer homes. If this story (http://www.policymic.com/articles/64665/what-is-the-most-screwed-up-thing-about-your-state-check-this-chart) had come out a week earlier, her Miss America introduction would have been much funnier (http://www.thestate.com/2013/09/15/2982872/miss-south-carolina-said-that.html).Oct 8, 2013