Google+ needs a hashtag system but better. What's great about the hashtag system is that complete strangers gather around a common interest. It's a phenomenal Twitter feature that I am surprised Google+ did not pick up. Because in Google+ you could do the second derivative of this feature. You could say, I would like to follow topic x everywhere on Google+ or topic x only in y circle.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 18 previous comments
- I agree about hashtags. I think also would be useful the option to tag your posts in the stream (as in Blogger) in order to be indexed by Sparks.Jul 20, 2011
- Not boring at all Juanma, points of view are always welcome ! :)Jul 20, 2011
- Loic I am not sure I get your idea. Is it circles that are opened to everyone and theme based? Like Murdoch Scandal circle?Jul 20, 2011
- Marcos: even points of view can overstay their welcome ;-)
As for Loic's suggestion, I agree with Martin: I don't understand. I can see how you would subscribe to them, perhaps, but how do you generate the "tags" (circles) in the first place?
Am I the only one who thinks that circles are great, but they conflate "filtering content I want to read" and "group of people I want to send info to" in non-obvious ways?Jul 20, 2011
- In the hashtag area, I would design it more like a search (it's Google again!): User tags a word or term, maybe with a #Murdoch+Scandal, just like you mention people on the posts/comments. When you click on it, G+ makes a search in your circles about that. Over the result, you have two links [Save term] and [Extended] , the first one creates a link, like in sparks, that you can click later to see news things about it. If you click Extended, G+ extends the search out of your circles, and you can save that extended term search as a Sapark as well. That way, you could follow terms only in your circles (or even in a specifi subset of circles!) or follow a term worldwide.Jul 20, 2011
- I think to avoid that, circles would be better with Google Groups integration. I mean you can interact with people you know or you want to follow using circles. People you don't know but with same interests can meet in groups. Again new content (groups) able to be tagged for Sparks. I understand Groups is not a "new" brilliant idea but works.Jul 20, 2011
Add a comment...