Well thought out, and well explained. More articles like this, please.
- NASSCOMaterial Cost Analyst, 2013 - presentStatistic analysis of procurement system procedural adherence and efficiency. Consults buyers on proper documentation and recordkeeping. Audits internal systems to improve accuracy, and constructs new metrics to reflect more relevant information to top executives. Builds quarterly expense projections to present to internal leadership as well as Government auditors.
- Angus King for US Senate 2012Intern, 2012 - 2012Policy analysis, communications, logistic coordination.
- Cornell Mars RoverBusiness Lead, 2011 - 2013Managed all non-engineering aspects of the 50-member robotics team. Oversaw a subteam of 6 analysts, marketers, and programmers to execute all financial, accounting, procurement, marketing, outreach, and logistic duties. Also helped restructure project team as a whole to improve workflow and communications between units.
- Cornell UniversityStudent Technician, 2008 - 2013Performed media conversion, web design, and technical support services for professors. Educated faculty on new course technologies and provided both on- and off-site consultations when requested. Developed new employee extended training program alongside supervisors that encouraged continuous development and skill building.
I grew up in coastal Maine, spent my high school years at a phenomenal math & science boarding school, and studied economics at Cornell, with side focuses in computer science and business. I'm currently based in San Diego, where I work as an analyst for General Dynamics NASSCO. My passions include playing piano, skiing, reading, meeting people, and learning everything I can about anything I can. Current projects are my mini urban herb garden, learning VBA, and (soon) tutoring high school students in my spare time.
- Cornell UniversityEconomics, 2008 - 2012Game Theory, Cross-Section & Panel Econometrics, Economic Analysis of Politics, Object-Oriented Programming, Systems Programming, C/C++, and other economics/programming courses.
- Southern New Hampshire UniversityCoursework Only, 2010 - 2010Managerial & Financial Accounting, etc.
- Maine School of Science and MathematicsHigh School, 2006 - 2008
- Mount Ararat High SchoolHigh School, 2004 - 2006