Hello, all! Just now jumping in. I'll admit- I've been lurking. My son, Devan, and my daughter, Maya, and I set out to map the "Anyday" Adventure we take every week. There's a path that follows the railroad tracks though Henderson, Nevada. We walk there every week. We stopped to draw points of interest, such as the flooding channels and the desert plants. Amazing how much you notice when you take the time! I imagined that goblins lived in the channels and under the bridge, but my 6-year-old informed me that they don't exist. What? There are also mounds of dirt (we prefer to call them mountains) and plants with strange beans (we call them magic beans). Little bats begin hunting bugs at dusk. Maya is the hard-core biker that struck out ahead of us on her own (that's why she's part of the scenery and Devan and I aren't). I came home and water-colored it.
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Lurkers rock. I do love watercolors and the walking tour you have given us. Creations like these are so precious now and for the record later--they give perspective now and ever forward. Welcome to the #clmooc. Let me or anone else know if you need anything at all.Jul 9, 2013
- Chad SansingOwnerWonderful map & process - thank you for sharing!Jul 10, 2013
- Elyse Eidman-AadahlOwnerHow beautiful - and I love the family story behind it.Jul 10, 2013
- In my reflection, I'm going to post Devan's map. Just processing. Thanks for the comments!Jul 10, 2013
- Kevin HodgsonOwnerJun 7, 2016
- Thank you! Wow- three years ago. I signed up for more information.Jun 7, 2016
Add a comment...