You will find various biographies for Astigmatic on the web, some true, some a bit more fantastic in nature, but the truth of it all is that Brian J. Bonislawsky has loved lettering since his first Speedball lettering book in Elementary School through today.
Since its founding, Astigmatic has worked with dozens of designers, and is continually striving to increase its range of typographic scope; taking on expeditions to revive old typestyles and to forge new styles yet unseen.
If you are looking for a wide variety of typographic influence and style, the Astigmatic One Eye Institute is your source for type.
- Rhode Island School of DesignIllustration, 1991 - 1995
- New World School of the ArtsFine Arts, 1989 - 1991
- Grype TypeOwner/Co-Designer, 2016 - present
- Stiggy & SandsOwner/Co-Designer, 2013 - present
- Pink BroccoliOwner/Co-Designer, 2015 - present
- Correspondence InkCo-Designer, 2011 - present
- VersusTwin Type FoundryOwner/Co-Designer, 2004 - present
- Monogram Fonts Co.Owner/Co-Designer, 2009 - present
- Astigmatic One Eye Typographic Institute (AOETI)Principal/Designer, 1996 - present
- Orange Clothing, Inc.Designer, 2004 - 2004
- 5th & Ocean ClothingDesigner, 2002 - 2004
- Apparelworks/StitchnprintDesigner, 2002 - 2003
- Dynasty Apparel IndustriesDesigner, 1998 - 2003
- H-BlueO Clothing/John Caldwell DistributingDesigner, 1996 - 1998
- Allied Home, LLC.Lead Graphic Designer, 2010 - 2013