81 have him in circles
Works at University of California - Berkeley
Attends University of California, Berkeley
Lives in Berkeley, CA
81 have him in circles
Student and Researcher
- University of California - BerkeleyGraduate Student Researcher, 2012 - present
- University of Minnesota, Twin CitiesResearch Assistant, 2009 - 2012
- BizzyWebLead Developer, 2009 - 2011
- Rapid RefillLead Production Technician, 2007 - 2008
- University of Illinois Urbana-ChampaignResearch Intern, 2010 - 2010
Minneapolis, MN - Plymouth, MN
Security researcher and PhD student.
I'm a security researcher and first year graduate student at UC Berkeley. My current focus is on usable security of mobile devices. I've been working with Prof. David Wagner on how mobile devices should handle application permissions.
I did my undergraduate studies at the University of Minnesota, where I worked with Prof. Nick Hopper on Internet routing security and privacy, anonymity, and anti-censorship tools.
I occasionally blog and I sometimes tweet. I tend to suffer from a lack of creativity in some of these endeavors, though :)
Anonymity and privacy
Usable security of mobile devices
A quote I like
"Byrne told me that you can't fix your exact position on the earth without referring to some point in the sky. Something to do with triangulation, the technique of measurement, I forget the details. The crux was compelling to me, though, it's never left me since. A man can't know where he is on the earth except in relation to the moon or a star. Astronomy comes first; land maps follow because of it. Just the opposite of what you'd expect. If you think about it long enough, it will turn your brain inside-out. A here only exists in relation to a there, not the other way around. There's this only because there's that; if we don't look up, we'll never know what's down. Think of it, boy. We find ourselves only by looking to what we're not. You can't put your feet on the ground until you've touched the sky."
-- Thomas Effing, Moon Palace (by Paul Auster)
- University of California, BerkeleyComputer Science, 2012 - present
- University of Minnesota, Twin CitiesComputer Science, 2008 - 2012
- Wayzata High School, Plymouth, MN
Christopher Thompson [full name]