Time for a survey.... remember this shit from highschool? Craft beer version. #craftbeer
1.Why do so many brewers have beards? Truly unsanitary... but probably because a lot of people that like craft beer are hipsters and hipsters love beards.... but now why do so many hipsters have beards?
2.If beer didn’t produce a high you enjoyed – would you drink it? Probably not.... that doesn't make me a drunk does it? Well maybe.... actually after working out it would probably be pretty healthy.
3. Does an excellent distribution team trump the quality of the beer –or vice versa? It is difficult to make a high quality product so definitely high quality.
4. Will craft beer’s growth continue unabated? For the foreseeable future. Liberals love craft beer already and Republicans love the economic boosting power so it's a win win.
5. Will we see a time in the future where craft beer in general is considered too expensive? No. Competition between craft brewers and between other beverage choices will drive prices lower. There's just a lot of hype right now.
6. Is it Pilsner or Pilsener? Don't care. Not my style.
7. Is it draft or draught? draught even though I hate that spelling.
8. Is it Barley Wine or Barleywine? those two choices are the same thing.
9. Do IBU ratings carry any real weight? No. It should be either relatively high IBU or relatively low IBU... none of this numbers game.
10. Is there actually some “international” organization somewhere overseeing the accuracy of these claims and ensuring that they’re the truth? What claims? People will always claim things that aren't true. Look at Fox News.
11. Do craft beer ratings & “best beer lists” really mean anything? Yes. Both in terms of hype and statistics. It indicates the average beer lover will like or dislike a beer. Also it may alter peoples perception of how good or bad a beer is.
12. Is there a craft beer bubble brewing? No.
13. Does craft beer in cans really taste as good as craft beer in bottles? I've had no complaints. But the BPA... I dunno about that.
14. Are women who know their craft beer more attractive? Duh.
15. How many of us have worried that our love of craft beer might lead some among us into alcoholism? Especially because alcoholism runs in my family... I didn't really start drinking until I was 21 out of fear........... My friends will step in if it becomes a problem tho.
16. Might craft beer-flavored ice cream be considered a gateway drug? Technically..... alcohol is a drug. But fuck the idea of gateway drugs. Are cigarettes a gate way drug? Are candy cigarettes a gate way drug?
17. Is the craft beer community inherently nice – or is everyone just buzzed all the time? A few douche bags but I think if you like craft beer you have the ability to enjoy the simple more subtle aspects of life therefore making you a more chill person.
18. How many of us drink and drive more times than we’d like to admit? Probably a lot of people but definately not me (not to be on a high horse or anything) but seriously.... drinking and driving is bad. Had a cousin go to jail because she killed someone. Fuck that. Fuck nothing else pisses me off more than drunk driving.
19. Is there a soul and is drinking craft beer good for it? No and yes. Lol.
20. Does the staff at American Craft Beer know anything about anything? yEs.