2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- That sounds pretty cool. Is the game going to be particularly goal or story oriented as time goes on, or is it likely to be more sandbox-like?
Since I'm an artist, I'm also curious about your art style. I hear you use only open source tools to make all this. And particularly Inkscape and MyPaint. Do you think you'd ever give a glimpse into this process at all?
And finally, if you're using Inkscape to make game art, does that mean that the textures are vector art?Apr 18, 2013
- It is very sandbox oriented, but supposed to provide a lot of emergent goals; every player creates his own narrative; the concept is supposed to be highly AI driven; you can go with the flow of society, obstruct it, destroy it or mold it into something else.
Oh yeah, we should definitely show some of that. Sylvia does a lot of concept art with MyPaint, Inkscape and handdrawn. Most of the process is just exploring what we could do and what's good aesthetic for the game.
In a early iteration of the process, I was toying with using vector textures, but the process was highly unwieldy. The goal is however to have as much procedural content as possible, from sound to meshes to textures, based on the aesthetic guidelines concept art and prototypes have established.
It's all very much a gradually self-updating process where some things stay and some things get replaced until there's nothing to replace anymore and everything fits.Apr 18, 2013
- Cool! Thanks for sharing. :)Apr 18, 2013
- Also very nice: krita! :)Apr 18, 2013
- Never heard of Krita, I will have to check it out. I am already a very big fan of MyPaint.Apr 18, 2013
- krita is amazing and it's getting better and better.. look, e.g., at this lovely transform tool http://krita.org/item/131-free-transform-tool ..have fun :)Apr 19, 2013