Meh. android auto is casting a screen. Noticeable latency. Apple does it better here with carplay.
53 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- Yes I need it to run at 60 frames a second when I hit a tree head on at 60! LolJun 25, 2014
- I just use full HDMI and touch mirroring via MHL and appradio unchained. Freedom and full control with all apps that I want to use...Jun 25, 2014
- I'd be happy if they just allowed my android device to work as a normal usb mass storage device when connected to my car so I could switch songs with steering wheel controls (like I already can with a usb mass storage device or iOS device). Screen mirroring in a car is a bit overkill IMO.Jun 25, 2014
- It was an unpolished mockup/alpha - it will get better when production units emerge, I'm sure of it. What I personally don't like is, that it's tied to the OS - I would much rather have a common ground open standard, that works with any mobile OS following that standard - I really don't want to choose my next car, based on which phone OS I want it to work with, it's beyond stupid!Jun 25, 2014
- I think the real question is if the Android Auto UI can be displayed from a simple device itself; dock your phone, and have it present the "Auto Launcher", so to speak.
Many people have vehicle docks of different kinds, and all Android Auto/CarPlay adds is another screen with another touch interface. Granted, a larger screen might be easier to view and/or navigate, but it also adds an extra dependency almost nobody has right now.
I really hope Android Auto can be a modern replacement for "Car Home."Jun 25, 2014
- I miss "Car Home".Jun 25, 2014