- Best Fit ForwardCareer Coaching, Resume Writing, Consulting, present
- Dartmouth College
- University of Pennsylvania
- Columbia University
- American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics
- M2S, Inc.
- Colby-Sawyer College
- Answers.com (current)
In the movie Zelig, the last words a dad says to his son are "Save
String." My family wouldn't be surprised if I go out with the same words
- though my string is both real and abstract.
From common threads in movies or stories to making introductions between strangers who might not have met otherwise -- I love creating connections. In 5th grade, I was the only person in my class to see a mystery a different way. In high school, I identified with a friend's yearbook quote, borrowed from The Grapes of Wrath, "They's folks like me that climbs fences that ain't even strang up yet—an' can't help it.''
In my work life, I build connections between job seekers and employers, and help people articulate how they are the right fit for an opportunity. I've worked in the employment industry since my first job - when I learned rocket scientists had the same career questions as English majors and helped a friend switch from law to medicine.
Over the years, I've worked as a career services director, a
recruiter, and as the "resume writing specialist" for a Microsoft
initiative designed to help new graduates. I like to work on projects
that require you to think big. In 2008, I grew a grassroots job search
group in NYC from a membership base of 120 to over 1400. In 2009, I
joined forces with two rock stars in my field, Deb Dib and Susan
Whitcomb, to write The Twitter Job Search Guide, a book
featuring advice from over 100 contributors.
I currently work as
- A career advisor for undergraduate students at Dartmouth College
- The entry-Level career columnist for Job-Hunt. org and as the Jobs Expert on Answers.com
- A speaker on trends in job search and career management
- A professional storyteller -- I help others give a voice to their careers through resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and career collateral.
- University of Virginia
- Rhodes College
- Wharton School of Business (Continuing Ed.)