1) Quit smoking and lower your risk of cancer, stroke, and heart failure.
2) Keep active. Do something to keep fit each day!
3) Eat well; Many diseases can be prevented or controlled with a healthy diet.
4) Maintain a healthy weight and lower your risk of many diseases.
5) Prevent falls by keeping paths clear, using night-lights, and wearing shoes for stability.
6) Stay up-to-date on immunizations and other health screenings.
7) Prevent skin cancer - stay in the shade or wear protective clothing; skin becomes thinner and more sensitive as we age.
8) Get regular dental, vision and hearing checkups.
9) Manage stress. Make time for friends and fun, and learn the powerful role of positive thinking.
10) Try a senior yoga, pilates, or other fitness class!
Comment with your favorite healthy habit!
- What is the staff to resident ratio?
- Ask to see the latest inspection report and statement of purpose.
- What kind of training procedures are in place for the staff?
- Can you see a copy of the activities program?
- Are pets allowed to visit or live in the community?
- Can residents bring their own furniture into the home?
- How flexible are mealtimes?
- Are there organized trips that provide an opportunity to leave?
- Can family and friends visit at times that work for them?
- What makes your community unique from others?
- Why should I choose to live at your community?
+1 if you found these questions useful!
Imagine your retirement address in the heart of north Scottsdale, right next door to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess resort and the TPC Scottsdale golf course. A place where you can pursue your own brand of happiness, with choices for socializing, expressing your inner artist, for fitness and spa and fine dining—all with world class recreation and shopping right outside your door.
Boasting unparalleled lifestyle and wellness opportunities—Maravilla offers you the added comfort of knowing that a state-of-the-art continuum of care campus is there to meet your future needs. Ranging from independent living to licensed assisted living and memory care, you’ll also enjoy the convenience of an on-site Wellness Clinic for the exclusive use of Maravilla Scottsdale residents. You’ll find countless choices to fit your lifestyle and your needs at Maravilla